Battlefield 4

greengiant912

There is a difference though, DICE has always remained loyal to quality. Even when they released BFV, BF2, etc within a few years of each other...

CoD is a quality game? I never have problems with their launches.. buuuut it doesn't change much.

You mean aside from the fact that BC2 has a huge problem with hit detection and various other glitches?

Don't get me wrong, I like the BF series, but I won't give credit where it isn't due.

I had my fun with BF2, and it was worth the purchase for me. Sorry if you felt otherwise.

I had my fun with BF2, and it was worth the purchase for me. Sorry if you felt otherwise.

I said BC2, not BF2. I have no idea how you could have even possibly taken it the way you did, I clearly stated I enjoy the games, so clearly I don't feel otherwise. The point of my post was that BF games aren't necessarily a higher quality than Call of Duty, personally, I feel they are, but the facts are what they are and just like Call of Duty Black Ops, there has been tons of complaints about BC2's hit detection.

I said BC2, not BF2. I have no idea how you could have even possibly taken it the way you did, I clearly stated I enjoy the games, so clearly I don't feel otherwise. The point of my post was that BF games aren't necessarily a higher quality than Call of Duty, personally, I feel they are, but the facts are what they are and just like Call of Duty Black Ops, there has been tons of complaints about BC2's hit detection.

Oh sorry my mistake, I read BF2 my bad lol...

I guess I will explain why I think DICE is more focused on quality.

CoD games while action packed and intense, they are generally done with limited technology and are pretty much all scripted. Which is sad. They are basically the Micheal Bay of the gaming industry.

CoD still uses a modified version of the Quake 3 engine, which is pretty sad. They can do some amazing things with it and have hacked it all to hell, but to be honest they are just heavily scripted to give the illusion of quality.

Its like walking into Transformers 2, I mean when you watched the movie you were like OH THAT IS FREAKING AWESOME!!! A few days later however you realize that Micheal Bay is terrible and Labeef and Foxxy are terrible actor/actresses and the movies plot made no freaking sense at all...

Transformers 2 mad a shiz load of money, and the CoD games make a shiz load of money. The reason for that is that people like explosions, and really don't care if there is a plot lol. :D

DICE however focuses more on the Multiplayer first. They have always been a multiplayer studio. BF1942 was a 100% multiplayer game. They build the Multiplayer first, then focus on story and stuff more as an afterthought. Which I think is great, because your going to spend more time in multiplayer than single player...

Oh sorry my mistake, I read BF2 my bad lol...

I guess I will explain why I think DICE is more focused on quality.

CoD games while action packed and intense, they are generally done with limited technology and are pretty much all scripted. Which is sad. They are basically the Micheal Bay of the gaming industry.

CoD still uses a modified version of the Quake 3 engine, which is pretty sad. They can do some amazing things with it and have hacked it all to hell, but to be honest they are just heavily scripted to give the illusion of quality.

Its like walking into Transformers 2, I mean when you watched the movie you were like OH THAT IS FREAKING AWESOME!!! A few days later however you realize that Micheal Bay is terrible and Labeef and Foxxy are terrible actor/actresses and the movies plot made no freaking sense at all...

Transformers 2 mad a shiz load of money, and the CoD games make a shiz load of money. The reason for that is that people like explosions, and really don't care if there is a plot lol. :D

DICE however focuses more on the Multiplayer first. They have always been a multiplayer studio. BF1942 was a 100% multiplayer game. They build the Multiplayer first, then focus on story and stuff more as an afterthought. Which I think is great, because your going to spend more time in multiplayer than single player...

I gotta be honest, the more you describe things, the more similarities I'm seeing, I mean BF3 is entirely scripted, you'll never get much of a different experience when you play the single player. Just like with Call of Duty, DICE doesn't develop a brand new engine for each game, they modify their old engines. BF3 generated and continues to generate a lot of money. BF3 is a war simulation game, if you aren't playing it for the fire fights and explosions, I'm at a loss. You claim they don't really care about the plot and then go on to talk about how single player is an afterthought in BF3.

I know you're just playing sides here, I get it, I used to do it too, but anymore I find it's easier to simply accept games as they are, I can't force games into being something they aren't. Just because Call of Duty and Battlefield are different, doesn't mean either one has to be the bad guy or the good guy, they can simply be different. It's good that Call of Duty is what it is and that Battlefield is what it is, it means more variety for gamers, and gamers are people, and people are different.

Also, I never watched any Transformers movies so I didn't get that reference. :lol:

I gotta be honest, the more you describe things, the more similarities I'm seeing, I mean BF3 is entirely scripted, you'll never get much of a different experience when you play the single player. Just like with Call of Duty, DICE doesn't develop a brand new engine for each game, they modify their old engines. BF3 generated and continues to generate a lot of money. BF3 is a war simulation game, if you aren't playing it for the fire fights and explosions, I'm at a loss. You claim they don't really care about the plot and then go on to talk about how single player is an afterthought in BF3.

I know you're just playing sides here, I get it, I used to do it too, but anymore I find it's easier to simply accept games as they are, I can't force games into being something they aren't. Just because Call of Duty and Battlefield are different, doesn't mean either one has to be the bad guy or the good guy, they can simply be different. It's good that Call of Duty is what it is and that Battlefield is what it is, it means more variety for gamers, and gamers are people, and people are different.

Also, I never watched any Transformers movies so I didn't get that reference. :lol:

Like I said its all about the multiplayer, they put the single player in imo to try and win over some of the CoD peoples.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCMt69GbHzw&feature=player_embedded#!

BF4 beta access official w/ MoH Warfighter purchase.

That just convinced me to never buy BF3 or any newer BF game. BF2 lasted for a LONG time for many reasons...many of those reasons are absent in the newer games. ESPECIALLY if they're going to crank out a new one every year or so.

Oh goody. Confirmed. Well I think I have run my course. I think this madness needs to stop with the yearly releases of these types of games. I have over 100 bucks invested in this game and haven't even played all of it yet. Can I get a reach around first at least EA?

Let me rethink this. The game will be 2 years old by then. Maybe that's enough?

Edited by InCrYsIs