haswell e upgrade or broadwell

I was in the same boat, I had the itch to upgrade my 2500k. But all I use my computer for is gaming and web browsing so when I did my research, I focused on gaming tests. At a 4.5 overclock there is really no reason to upgrade, I would gain at most a few fps, if anything. And no reason to have more than 8GB ram or higher speeds, does nothing for me. I say wait for Broad well and see if there are any decent gains in what you use the computer for.

I wonder if motherboard manufacturers will release bios upgrades to support the new CPU / DDR4 or if there going to make people buy a new motherboard.

new motherboard is required for ddr4 that's for sure and usually a socket change. In this case the Haswell-e will use the x99 aka (new 2011 socket)

I hope to upgrade to x99, if I do, I'm probably going to delay an upgrade longer then the recent ones I've made, to a few years.  Let the computer get somewhat old :) Considering some tech is just an arms race, with very little significant changes between.

Edited by WhiteBear