2011: Official Post your ride!

neddamttocs

2006 Mustang GT

Performance mods:

MAC longtube headers

Bassani off-road Xpipe

Borla cat back with borla stinger mufflers (no cats)

FRPP 3.90 gears

FRPP aluminum driveshaft (the factory one was ever so slightly out of balance for some reason...vibration at higher speeds.)

C&L racing intake manifold with steeda charge motion plate deletes & K&N CAI

BBK twin 65mm throttlebody (same as GT500)

FRPP EV6 80lb injectors w/ BBK fuel rails

FRPP 375lph fuel pump kit

MSD blaster coil's

Steeda underdrive pulley

Ported stock heads with comp stage II XFI VSR Cams & springs, retainers, and valves

Steeda tri-ax short shifter

Spec "stage 2+" clutch kit & flywheel (i cant stand it when they call stuff by stages...)

zex wet nitrous kit (using 75 shot jets atm, bottom end had to hold out until I deployed)

Dyno tuned 376rwhp 363rwtq N/A, 464rwhp 478rwtq on nitrous (using 125shot jets, final tune was for 75shot) , using 104 octane race fuel

Appearance mods:

MB motorsport 20in wheels (lighter than the stock 17's) with toyo proxes 4 265/35/20ZR rubber

5% 3m tint on the rear side windows and rear window, 20% on driver and passenger window.

8K HID conversion headlamps and 6K for the foglamps.

Pioneer AVH-P3200DVD in dash touchscreen headunit

MB quart QS216 6.5in component set in the rear (had to custom mount, factory mount is 5x7 poop)

MB quart ONX157 5x7 component set in the front.

2x 12in Boston Acoustic G3 subwoofers

Kicker 350.4 4ch amp for components (had a hifonics but it burnt, sent in for rma and was too lazy to put it back in)

Alpine PDX 1000.1 1000wt rms @ 2ohm for subs

Red underglow kit (I know....I only use them at car shows, I'm not one of these tools that use them while driving)

In june, I'm ordering a tremec TR6060 6speed trans (The tr3650 5 speed isn't going to stand up to nitrous runs for long), along with pistons, rods, and maybe a crank. Not sure who I'm going to go with for the internals atm, but I've got my eye on manley. Eventually I will go forced induction, but probably not for a while.

At the time of these pics, I only had about a 1/3 of my current mods installed, like the exhaust, different cam att, cai, gears, nitrous, and handheld tune. I had most of the more major parts installed about a month and a half before I deployed. I got pretty busy gearing up to leave and never got around to taking pics. More pics under the hood of the mods to follow around july when I go on mid tour leave. (I'm counting down the days. lol)

The group of mustangs is a stang club I'm a member of, "Sun City Stangs" of el paso, TX. One of our many car shows/cruises.

LOL dont mind the reindeer stuff, It was a dare a few months before Christmas time, and I gave in. lol

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***EDIT***

I got the last portion of my enlistment bonus a bit early, and since I already had a little saved up, I splurged on some more parts. Heres what I got;

Manley forged H-beam rods, and pistons

I haven't ordered the crank yet, as I'm not sure who I want to go with atm. I might have to wait a little longer to afford the one I want.

Livernois ported and polished heads

100mm Techco MAF sensor

Fuel lines from Fore Precision (hopefully this fits the bbk fuel rails. Everyone I've talked to says it will, so we will see when I go to have everything installed....8 months from now..)

Eaton truetrac diff

SSBC A112-17 Front brake kit. (8 piston calipers, and 14in rotors) (cant afford to do the rears atm)

Having a buddy pick up a used tremec TR6060 6speed tranny from a local junkyard that deals with "more exotic" cars (as the place claims. lol) out of a totaled 2008 corvette. It only has 8,600 miles on it. I'm getting it for an insanely low $1,400 ($200 of that is to pay my friend for his time and effort of pulling it out of the scrap vette). Its nice to have friends who are hooked up with junkyard owners. LOL Now all I need for it is a bell housing and a shifter, which I Haven't priced out yet.

Although I was hoping to avoid adding gauges (with the exception of maybe a pillar gauge cluster), It looks like I'll have to get a tach. The new setup will probably turn ~7200rpm, and the stock dash tach only goes to 7k. Ill have to wait a while on that, as the bell housing and crank are going to clean me out cash wise.

Before This deployment is over, I will still get some kind of forced induction, I'm just not sure which. Hellion Power Systems has a nice 67mm turbo kit for $6600, which will get me a lot more overall power than a similarly priced Supercharger (like a Kenne Bell), but I'd like to have a bit of power below 3k - 3500rpm. The cam's I've got aren't helping my cause.

EDIT 2**** (5 June 11)

Just had a friend go pick up a TR6060 transmission from a wrecked 09 GT500, with 18K miles on it. I ordered all the needed parts to make the conversion as well.

Went ahead and splurged on a Fore precision fuel rail kit, as well as a dual fuel hat, with 2 ford GT fuel pumps.

Last but not least, I decided on a Kenne Bell 2.6L supercharger.

Im expecting about 650-675whp with the way I will have it set up.

post-3364-13011665810519_thumb.jpg

post-3364-13011666115865_thumb.jpg

post-3364-13011667920311_thumb.jpg

post-3364-13011668840838_thumb.jpg

post-3364-13011674858576_thumb.jpg

post-3364-13011675232494_thumb.jpg

post-3364-13011676232434_thumb.jpg

Edited by sYstEmATiC

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Same two vehicles as well for me, although the car has a slightly different engine almost ready to go in :whistling: ...

Two wheels:

post-14548-12982976983413_thumb.jpg

Four wheels:.

(This pic is from 08 before the new hood, dont have anything more recent)

post-14548-12982977921471_thumb.jpg

Doesn't look too menacing huh?

:ph34r:

post-14548-12982978332099_thumb.jpg

what size engine is that? 402, 408? looks like a beast. Maybe after I build my bottom end and add boost, will I be able to hang lol.

• 2 months later...

Here is my updates:

2009 Infiniti FX35 Black Obsidian/Graphite Interior Fully loaded and maxed out

Premium Package

Navigation Package

Deluxe Touring Package

Technology Package

Tow Package

Rear DVD Entertainment Package

Illuminated Kick Plates

Factory Carpeted Floor Mats

Cargo Area Organizer with Trunk Protector

Mods:

35% tint on the front and 20% on the rear

LED Interior/Exterior Conversion

Upgraded the Stock HID system from 4300K to 5000K Morimoto D2S Bulbs

5000K H8 Morimoto Fog Light

Color matched black obsidian grille

Globeclk stainless steel interior knobs

Ichiba V2 Spacers

Taken last week:

fx3u.jpg

Back in the winter:

ext1.jpg

Interior shot:

interior1.png

Just washed:

imag0254k.jpg

Used my Porter Cable 7424XP to do a swirl mark and scratch removal. Check out the reflection after!

black7.jpg

And my all time favorite feature the around view monitor:

avm.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• 2 months later...

My Truck Since I'm not sure how to post it as a thumbnail haha

Just bought it about a month ago for $1100

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport, 2.5L I4, bored up to 2.6L, forged pistons, 52mm throttle body, AX15 5-speed manual coupled to a newer Dana-60 rear end, heavy duty 5-leaf rear suspension, front and rear sway bars, Reese class 3 hitch with a 7-pin and brake controller, new rack and pinion, new tie rods, new fuel pump, new starter, new battery, new clutch.

Chrome bumpers and mirrors from an SLT, 6-spoke 15" alloy wheels, enclosed cap, Sony MP3/CD.

178,XXX, Michigan miles on the body, about 50.k on the engine and trans, she's in pretty good shape for a 16 year old DD that's been from Port Huron to Detroit twice a week for the past 4 years and the only time it's ever seen a garage was during the engine rebuild.

Not exactly the quickest thing on earth either but she runs like a tank

Also, I think I have the oldest, least expensive car here so far haha

Edited by DexRain

Also, I think I have the oldest, least expensive car here so far haha

My 57 Ford Custom was $1000 =P

:withstupid:

My first car: 1986 Jeep Comanche was $700

and third car: 1993 Jeep Cherokee was free from my Uncle, just needed an alternator! (so I guess about $100 for that lol )

Edited by IVIYTH0S

:withstupid:

My first car: 1986 Jeep Comanche was $700

and third car: 1993 Jeep Cherokee was free from my Uncle, just needed an alternator! (so I guess about $100 for that lol )

I can beat the Comanche too. First car I paid for my self was a 76 Monte Carlo for $550 lol