Borderlands 2 Reviewed

Bosco

Awesome review Jim! :thumbsup:

I agree with everything you've said, except however for your gripe against the launcher when you err... launch the game.

I actually felt like its a welcome addition to the game as it lets me tweak the settings before I play the game (which perhaps I would only need to do once?), though I do think an option to launch the game directly should be there like a lot of older games.

Almost like a 'first-time setup' dialog box.

One error I see (for sake of pedantic correctness) is the use of the word 'clip' instead of the word 'magazine', not a terribly big deal but its a pet peeve of mine.

:cheers:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow I didn't know we had Game Reviews. But well just saw Bosco said they're not made too often. I would love to make a review. I don't know exactly how to make a review and I know it would take take time. Probably 20 hours of gamplay or more and test all skill, habilities, options, graphics, sounds, characters, all.. It would be a very tough task but I have finished so far 71 games (and some 2 or 4 times but normally 1). I do have a life eh, is like 71 games in 18 years+/-!!!!! haahahahha but I just tmake my time whenever posbile to play.

Edited by Fragsman

Does this mean BL2 is going to be added to the test benches?? :P

From what I've seen, I don't think BL2 pushes graphics cards hard enough to provide solid benchmarking. We typically bench at 1080p and the difference amongst current gen and even last gen cards is very negligible. The only times you start to see huge differences is when you go to the super high resolutions (like dual/tri-monitor setups) or turn PhysX on, which you can't do for AMD testing. We do include the dual/tri-monitor setups for some high-end cards, so maybe for those it'd be worth it, but otherwise it looks like it'd just be a waste. Just because a game is new and/or popular, doesn't mean it'll make a great benchmarking tool.

From what I've seen, I don't think BL2 pushes graphics cards hard enough to provide solid benchmarking. We typically bench at 1080p and the difference amongst current gen and even last gen cards is very negligible. The only times you start to see huge differences is when you go to the super high resolutions (like dual/tri-monitor setups) or turn PhysX on, which you can't do for AMD testing. We do include the dual/tri-monitor setups for some high-end cards, so maybe for those it'd be worth it, but otherwise it looks like it'd just be a waste. Just because a game is new and/or popular, doesn't mean it'll make a great benchmarking tool.

This. Except for PhysX events, it does not push hard enough to be a good benchmarking tool. Plus, without a built-in benchmark, ensuring consistency across setups would be very difficult.

This. Except for PhysX events, it does not push hard enough to be a good benchmarking tool. Plus, without a built-in benchmark, ensuring consistency across setups would be very difficult.

Yeah, right after I posted that comment I thought about it and reached the same conclusion.