What kind of UPS would work?

czGLoRy

Hello, I am wanting to use a UPS for my setup if possible, to prevent any "brownouts" from cutting off my system and allow me to use it normally. 

I have tried to purchase two in the past, and both failed to work.

It would be for a 30'' Samsung monitor, a router, internet modem, and a computer that would be using up to 850 watts, and probably an extension cable to hold all of this. Is this feasible? The only UPS choices I see here are from the company "APC" 

thanks

So the UPS isn't for the rig in your sig? Cuae that isn't using near 850 W ;)

APC seems to be the biggest manufacturer, but there are others like Cyberpower, Tripp Lite, and others. You should be able to run your PC for a while on the battery backup. Not sure how long but yor not talking hours...minutes to tens of minutes is my estimate.

A 500VA unit should be more than enough for the rig in your signature and APC are on the whole reliable well made units.

As ivangela as already pointed out you can't rely on a UPS to power your PC for long and certainly not for gaming during a prolonged power outage.They are designed to safety shut your PC down via a link and software or give you time to do it manually. A 500VA unit will typically only last for minutes at full load. If you have brownouts that last for seconds rather than hours then a UPS will certainly help.

I have a 650w APC unit and it works well for brownouts. Not sure what problems you're having with the ones you've tried. But make sure if you get an APC to install the drivers and go into the APC control panel (mine is old so its probably called something new now) and adjust the power threshold settings to be as tight as you can if your main concern is brownouts.