nVidia Geforce 800 or Black or no video card

Geforce Titan Black against the new Geforce 800 series, arghh nVidia.  I'm beginning to wonder if it's better I just go FirePro, yet there drivers are horrible from what I hear but atleast I can get a video card with 16 gigs of vram.

what are you trying to do? A firepro is a workstation card and the Titan is in the middle because of the high FP64. Nvidia 800 series is gaming cards and not meant for workstation applications.

The line between graphics cards and workstation cards is thin, many use graphics cards to create high end graphics.  The only reason I can think of buying a workstation card is spending the money today and not worrying about it for a few years.  Unlike gaming cards that come out, lately almost every year and at nearly $800 a year multiple that by three years you've spent almost $3K.  We all know you don't have to buy every new card, you can skip one or two generations of video cards.

I don't think you understood hornybluecow's question.

The TITAN (any TITAN) is a mix between a workstation card and a gaming card - it's not the best at either one, but it's by far the best combo. That is why, unless you plan on using it for both, it's a waste of money.

If all you care about is gaming, then the 780 Ti is the top-end card you'd want.

As for the 800 series, as of now, that's only in the mobile space.

I understood the question.  I don't play any games, that leaves me with two options, since nVidia Quadro cards are all mostly PCI-e 2.0, I either choose a Titan Black or a high end AMD FirePro.  That discussion can branch off if you compare the two etc etc.