Upgraded X58 Motherboard from Gigabyte Reviewed

Nemo

• 2 weeks later...
Great review-looks like another great board from Gigabyte. Unfortunately, it's as aesthetically pleasing as a seafood dumpster. I'm tempted to write an open letter to Gigabyte pleaded for better looking boards.

You don't like the blue and white? if they darkened the blue a little bit its almost Nautica colors :lol:

I was amazed at how much was on the back of the box for how simple it seemed to be physically designed

• 7 months later...

am planning to by this board... can some one tell if i should go for asus maximus III or gax58aud3r. and also which gpu is the best between nvidia gtx 285 and gtx 465.? thanks

depends on your budget and personal preference/goals really for the motherboards. Both are good..

460 is better than the 465 in ways, the 465 can possibly be unlocked to a 470 though the 460 overclocks great... I'd say 460>465>285.

I would start a thread in the forums and tell them where you are from to get the best price versus performance since I don't know where you are from and how things cost there. I would aim for the 460 over the 465, the 285 is a solid card too and almost as fast as the 465quite

Hope that helped

depends on your budget and personal preference/goals really for the motherboards. Both are good..

460 is better than the 465 in ways, the 465 can possibly be unlocked to a 470 though the 460 overclocks great... I'd say 460>465>285.

I would start a thread in the forums and tell them where you are from to get the best price versus performance since I don't know where you are from and how things cost there. I would aim for the 460 over the 465, the 285 is a solid card too and almost as fast as the 465quite

Hope that helped

thanks for that.. one more thing.. can i use a cooling system on the ga-x58a-ud3r..? and is the cooling system really necessary.? i mean can the mobo manage without the cooling sys.. and can i know if there is any cooling system for the graphic card..?