Watercooling - Finalling having a go, suggestions?

Gr4vitas

looks good! it just may be my bad luck but i avoid compression fittings, i just heard horrible things about them. second my XSPC Res is cracking at the ports lucky for you EK is an awesome brand. maybe think about adding glue once the barbs are on?

Yea I had heard the same thing a long time ago about the compression fittings, and originally was going to just go with barbs but after all the research I've done they really just seem like a hell of a lot easier to deal with when not only initially installing but for maintenance etc as well.

I think I'll give them a shot.

Edited by Gr4vitas

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You really think so? Is there much performance difference in 1/2 to 3/8? Will I have a lot of trouble with bends with 1/2?

There's essentially zero performance difference. I think when Martin's Liquid Lab tested it the difference was on the order of a percent or two in a completely unrestricted loop. Your fittings and blocks will make far more difference than the size of the tubing.

I was commenting more on the OD, 3/4" is thick! :lol:

Ah but less prone to kinks!

There's essentially zero performance difference. I think when Martin's Liquid Lab tested it the difference was on the order of a percent or two in a completely unrestricted loop. Your fittings and blocks will make far more difference than the size of the tubing.

What are the benefits to using 3/8 over 1/2?

It's a little cheaper I think, and I would imagine 3/8 a little less prone to kink?

What are the benefits to using 3/8 over 1/2?

It's a little cheaper I think, and I would imagine 3/8 a little less prone to kink?

It's FAR easier to work with and the performance difference is near zero. You put far less stress on your fittings and components with smaller tubing as well (because it forms curves more easily).