Steam Daily Deals

Avinexis

It would still be another thing for me to try to keep track of. I may get it eventually, but I just don't feel any need to. I do feel plenty of peer pressure about it (:whistling:) but no need.

I don't think anyone is pressuring you, or at least not anyone here I don't think. Really nobody needs facebook, I have it but I barely use it, I probably check it about once every week, or even go several weeks without looking at it.

I don't think anyone is pressuring you, or at least not anyone here I don't think. Really nobody needs facebook, I have it but I barely use it, I probably check it about once every week, or even go several weeks without looking at it.

Maybe you guys have been pressuring me about Facebook, but only in a passive way, like saying I should get it just for sweepstakes. Really, it's nothing compared to how some friends, not on the forum, have tried to convince me I need Facebook. The whistling emoticon was just for fun, not a real accusation.

Yeah, I'm not pressuring you. Whether you join or not means nothing to me. Actually, you joining for contests would technically decrease my odds of winning, so if anything, I should convince you not to join. lol.

In any case, I was simply letting you know not to believe everything you read about it - you control what information you put out there.

Yeah, I'm not pressuring you. Whether you join or not means nothing to me. Actually, you joining for contests would technically decrease my odds of winning, so if anything, I should convince you not to join. lol.

In any case, I was simply letting you know not to believe everything you read about it - you control what information you put out there.

And currently I'm controlling it to be none. That may change in the future, but for now I'm being like Gregory Peck's character in The Big Country: I'll do it when it means something to me. Yes, I just made a reference to a 1958 western, starring Gregory Peck, Burl Ives, Charlton Heston, Jean Simmons, and a few other big name actors of that era, while discussing Facebook. Good movie. Worth referencing.

Is Sniper Ghost Warrior good enough for $5?

Read the reviews :lol: I like sniping in games so when it first came out I looked at several and, no, the reviews say it isn't that good.

From IGN

Slowly belly-crawling through the underbrush, I scan the distance for signs of enemy troops. I come to a sudden stop; inexplicably, an invisible wall blocks my forward progress. I crawl to the edge of the brush, frantically run across an exposed trail, and into the foliage to the left of the path, figuring that a different route might be in order, but I'm stymied again as I find myself stuck on a rock that raises only six inches off the ground. Finally, I find a way past these obstacles in the brush and silently arrive at my GPS designated destination marker, but my objective won't clear. I give up. Defeated, I walk back up the hill, walk down the path, which triggers a voiceover, which enables the GPS marker, which spawns enemies on the path ahead of me that kill me.

Take those lush environments, for starters. They seem wide open for creative positioning and a true sniping experience involving meticulous positioning in search of cover and the perfect shot. Of course, this isn't the way the game works. The world of Sniper: Ghost Warrior is littered with more invisible walls and strange, 12 inch tall barriers than any shooter this side of Modern Warfare. This would be less infuriating if these barriers made sense, but rest assured that areas that seem like the best perches and nests for your clandestine activities are likely to be off-limits.

This worries me a little about the daily deals, that they may be used mostly for the poorer games to try to get some sales and not the better titles, Steam has. But then, they do still have the Mid-Week and Weekend Sales, so we've not lost anything, we've just gained something I doubt I'll take much advantage of.

I don't care about reviews from places like IGN, Gamespot, Game Informer. Only reviews I pay attention to are from normal people that don't have games shipped to them for free with a sticky note telling them to say something nice.

I don't care about reviews from places like IGN, Gamespot, Game Informer. Only reviews I pay attention to are from normal people that don't have games shipped to them for free with a sticky note telling them to say something nice.

Hmm, well since the IGN review did not say nice things about the game play, it would appear your argument isn't valid.

Check out the Steam forums or Metacritic reviews then, or just buy the thing and write your own review for it.

I have to wonder something now, about you Death; based on you comment I quoted above, doesn't that mean you don't pay attention to the OCC hardware reviews? Or is that viewpoint only for games?

Hmm, well since the IGN review did not say nice things about the game play, it would appear your argument isn't valid.

Check out the Steam forums or Metacritic reviews then, or just buy the thing and write your own review for it.

I have to wonder something now, about you Death; based on you comment I quoted above, doesn't that mean you don't pay attention to the OCC hardware reviews? Or is that viewpoint only for games?

Well that viewpoint is mostly for games, but I don't really read many OCC reviews either. :lol:

Also, what I said wasn't intended as an argument, but rather it's just the way I see it. IGN gave Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 a 9.5. Just because they hand out poor reviews to some games does not mean I'm wrong, MW2 isn't anywhere near a 9.5, and the proof is just under IGN's rating, where Reader's gave it an average of 4.7, Readers gave Sniper Ghost Warrior an average of 5.8 though. Kind of says something about how well IGN reviews games.

Well that viewpoint is mostly for games, but I don't really read many OCC reviews either. :lol:

Also, what I said wasn't intended as an argument, but rather it's just the way I see it. IGN gave Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 a 9.5. Just because they hand out poor reviews to some games does not mean I'm wrong, MW2 isn't anywhere near a 9.5, and the proof is just under IGN's rating, where Reader's gave it an average of 4.7, Readers gave Sniper Ghost Warrior an average of 5.8 though. Kind of says something about how well IGN reviews games.

I wasn't intending to start an argument either, just felt like having some fun with your statement :lol: I know where you're coming from, if that's worth anything, I just give more credit to the reviewers than you.