GTX 600s might release in April

Prunes

And this screenshot of GPU-Z looks better. 725a8b9d_gpuz.png

If that 706mhz default core clock is true, than the GTX680 probably wont overclock more than the 1150mhz in the 680 SLI run which means the 7970 CF would win, all speculation on "leaked" results of course

So, I keep hearing that the GTX 680 is the mid-ranged card from Nvidia. Is that true or just a rumor? Nvidia and AMD keep mixing things around every once in a while and it confuses me.

The HD 5870 was the top single GPU card from AMD, and the HD 5970 was the dual-GPU card. Then they came out with the HD 6870 which was the top mid-ranged single GPU card, the HD 6970 that was the top-ranged single GPU card, and the HD 6990 was the dual-GPU card.

The GTX 290 was the top single GPU card from Nvidia, and the GTX 295 was the dual-GPU card. Then the GTX 480 was the top single GPU card, as was the GTX 580. The GTX 495 (never seen one) was the dual-GPU card, as was the GTX 590.

My guess is the GTX 680 is going to be the top-ranged single GPU card from Nvidia?

I heard the GTX680 is the top GK104 card to compete with the 7970, the "true" Kepler is GK110 and will be the GTX780 with a rumoured 2304 SP

It still is bottlenecking it a little bit... I don't see the point of using a low end CPU for a High End GPU?

$566 is good or bad for you yanks?

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Asus-GeForce-GTX-680-quot-Kepler-quot-Graphics-Card-Available-for-Pre-Order-in-the-US-259348.shtml

A little bit. However, from my experience, the bottleneck is at the Min FPS in certain situations. Still, much too many people put too much stock on their CPU for bottlenecking their GPU, and that's rarely the case... at least not with the newer generation of Intel CPU's.

^ That's what I posted in the link in my previous post and that gpu-z screenshot is from that thread.

Ah, I didn't see it (didn't go too far back). Sorry. Too much huge screenshot postings from Nyt and co. :P

If that 706mhz default core clock is true, than the GTX680 probably wont overclock more than the 1150mhz in the 680 SLI run which means the 7970 CF would win, all speculation on "leaked" results of course

If you look at a lot of the leaks you will see that 706mhz is not very common where as stock clock of 1006mhz is. :)