Steam Autumn and Winter Sales Dates Leaked

ClayMeow

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought Walking Dead, but I'm a little disappointed thus far. I was hoping for less storytelling, and more killing zombies. I mean, the story is good, but I'm an hour in and I've killed 2 zombies :-/

Well, the game is from Telltale. The same people who made Monkey Island, Sam & Max, Back to the Future, and other episodic, point-and-click adventure games. The focus is more on emotion and story. If you want endless zombie killing, load up Left 4 Dead. :lol:

Max Payne 3, 75% off. Wish I had money. :(

Hell yeah, bought!

Probably shouldn've waited to see if it went on sale for cheaper but screw it.

2 minutes in and I already was to punch a Rockstar employee in the face.

When I load a game on MY computer I want to be taken to a menu screen the very god damn instant the game loads.

WTF is this forced intro scene bullshit?

Are there even setting to change in this game EVER?

:pfp:

Seemingly 5 minutes later I'm now to the main menu.

2 minutes in and I already was to punch a Rockstar employee in the face.

When I load a game on MY computer I want to be taken to a menu screen the very god damn instant the game loads.

WTF is this forced intro scene bullshit?

Are there even setting to change in this game EVER?

:pfp:

:lol:

Don't have it so I don't know about settings but look in the install folder for any BIK files. These are pretty common for videos in games. Just figure out which ones are for the intro (normally the titles give it away) and move them. The game won't see them and will then skip over them. Has always worked for me.

Well, the game is from Telltale. The same people who made Monkey Island, Sam & Max, Back to the Future, and other episodic, point-and-click adventure games. The focus is more on emotion and story. If you want endless zombie killing, load up Left 4 Dead. :lol:

stupid.gif Every review about the game has always mentioned it's about the story and there's not much action to it. That's also largely why most reviews are glowing - because apparently the story is quite good.

or Nation Red if you want a cheap top down zombie shooter.

stupid.gif often-overlooked little gem. I haven't played it nearly as much as I should, but whenever I did, it was quite fun. And there are a lot of different modes and weaponry available.

Well, I just bought my first Black Friday sale item this year and... it's not from Steam. Newegg has some G.Skill RAM on sale, so I bought an8 GB kit at $30. With luck it will play nice with my Corsair RAM at its 7-7-7-20 timings.

Mixing brands is always a risky proposition. Good Luck! That's a hell of a deal though, so I can see why you jumped on it. I'll have to take a look later to see if there are any nice 2x8GB kits for my new build (which will hopefully be in a month).

(Yes, I'm double-posting. Deal with it!)

Anyone interested in the Awesomenauts 3-Pack? We have ~25 hours to grab it at 66% Off, for $2.27 apiece. When I mentioned it to bp9801 on Steam, he said he'd go in, so would only need one more assuming he still wants it. I'm heading out now, but I'll be back on later.

PS. I still have a key for Quantum Conundrum (from Amazon) for $1.25 if anyone wants it. If you want to wait until the end of the sale to see if it's cheaper, I understand, though I highly doubt you'll find it cheaper than what I'm offering.

Saints Row: The Third at 75% off: $9.99 for the base game and $12.49 for the Full Package. Worth it, completely worth it. I really enjoyed the game and even played it to completion, getting every collectible and doing every mission, including those in the DLC mission packs. Definitely worth it at that price.

Oh, and Skyrim is 50% off.

Is Crysis 2 worth $11.99? Never particularly cared for Crysis or Warhead, so is this one better enough to get it?