Choosing the right LGA1155 Z77 board

So I'm building a new system. It'll be running an i5-3570K with a stompy NH-D14 on top of it, GTX680 and 8GB 1600Mhz ram. Also got a Sata III SSD for the OS.

The only thing thats left to choose is the board and I'm having a hard time deciding. I've literally gone through every-single-board on newegg for LGA 1155 in the past week. Read reviews for most of them and I've got it down to 3 contestants. GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD4HGIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H and the MSI Z77A-GD65

I'm looking for the most reliable board that will support some nice overclocks. So obviously the VRMs are going to need to be decent. That's also why I don't have any Asrock boards as a choice. I think the Extreme6 is okay but still, I don't trust them. 

The way I've rated these boards is (from best to worst): UD4H > UD3H > GD65. Although I feel like the UD3H is of slightly high quality (not sure, maybe someone could fill me in?). The 4H looks cool so thats why it's up there. If they're both identical as far as quality of the components I'd choose that over the 3H. Also I think the 3H has 9 phases compared to the 11 of the 4H but I don't know how much difference that will make if any. I just want to avoid the noise and other similar issues that could arise. 

Other than that, they all have similar features that I'd like to have such as the Ps/2 port for n-key rollover, the POST LED, a PCI slot for my sound card (which is also why I'd like to avoid the MSI board if possible since I'd have to sell my sound card and get one thats pci express.)

If anyone wants to share some thoughts on these choices that would be great. Also other suggestions for a board are also welcome. Just keep in mind the mentioned features above and the huge cooler that will be mounted on top. And I'd like to keep the price under 200$. I don't think that boards over that price range have anything that I will need.

Thanks.

Edited by sack_patrol

OMG LOL........i was going to get the gd65 and when i refreshed the page, the rebate was gone... instead of 160, it's 193 and no more free shipping. What rotten luck. 

It really sucks how they don' say how long the deals last. 

Edited by sack_patrol

OMG LOL........i was going to get the gd65 and when i refreshed the page, the rebate was gone... instead of 160, it's 193 and no more free shipping. What rotten luck. 

It really sucks how they don' say how long the deals last. 

That's bad luck.

You can try out UD4H then.

Right after the rebate ended. I was able to contact newegg and they were kind enough to offer me a similar price to the one that I missed in the rebate so I still got the gd65. Because I was literally about to checkout as the rebate ended. So ya.

The only thing I could nit pick the MSI board for is a lack of offset voltage control when overclocking (last time I checked any way).  That may or may not be an issue for some folks, but for me once I've punished my gear to it's limits, I like to back it down a  little and show some appreciation for power savings and heat reduction.

Personally I'd rather have a rig running at 4.5Ghz and be able to use all the power savings features (such as multiplier stepping, dynamic voltage etc.)

Right after the rebate ended. I was able to contact newegg and they were kind enough to offer me a similar price to the one that I missed in the rebate so I still got the gd65. Because I was literally about to checkout as the rebate ended. So ya.

It seems like you were lucky. ;)

Congrats!

does anyone know what the code 23 stands for on the gd65 debug led? Everything seems to be working fine so far. I'm setting up my OS at the moment, but the LED is sitting at 23, and sometimes it will casually jump to 27-25, but mostly 23. It's not in the table provided in the manual.

Other than that, everything seems to be running nice. The noctua barely fit in my case. In fact I had to saw off one of the side panel fan clamps in order to close it. Thats okay since I never intend to use side fans for my builds anyway. Core temps are idling at 19-23C with the standard fan speed. Very quiet.

Edited by sack_patrol