A friend gave me this...

I wouldn't be against folding, I've been thinking about downloading it for a while now, but I'd rather do it on my main computer. As for building a secondary, I'd have to shell out for everything else before I could do that, and that might get expensive. Wonder what could be considered a decent price for it though, guess I'll have to research before I make any decisions.

I wouldn't be against folding, I've been thinking about downloading it for a while now, but I'd rather do it on my main computer. As for building a secondary, I'd have to shell out for everything else before I could do that, and that might get expensive. Wonder what could be considered a decent price for it though, guess I'll have to research before I make any decisions.

Why build a secondary? Its is your secondary.

Sell it! evilgrin.gif

Buy some GPU's or something with the money. Screw folding, it does nothing but run up you electricity bill. lol2.gif

Well then, screw you when your dying of cancer. :P

I never said it wasn't capable, I just don't know what to do with it! I have to bench it against my phenom build and see where they stand

Nah, I was just surprised someone would give a system like that away.

:whoa:

Haha well he's an E-6 on a submarine, he's not exactly strapped for cash, but to be honest I still dunno why he gave it away. Like I said on the secondary note, I'd still have to buy a HDD, PSU, Win7, and an optical drive for it. I just dropped a decent amount upgrading my phenom build, and if I get my way I'll be buying a SSD, two 7770s and a 1090T for that as well. Also, I don't have a keyboard, monitor, or mouse for a second build.

I guess I just dunno what to do. As for dying of cancer, I probably should quit smoking :P

I'm thinking of just selling the whole box to pay for upgrades so my wife doesn't kill me... Any idea on fair prices? After, of course, I stress test every part to ensure that I'm not screwing someone over.

I'm thinking of just selling the whole box to pay for upgrades so my wife doesn't kill me... Any idea on fair prices? After, of course, I stress test every part to ensure that I'm not screwing someone over.

I think you might be better off parting it out. That CPU alone should get you $125-$150. :cheers:

Well i got an offer of $500 for the whole box, I really don't know a whole lot about intel, is this a fair price? I feel like it might be a bit high, idk.

Also, would a 560ti work on a pcie 1.0 board? I think it's backwards compatible, but of I sell it he wants to know if putting a 560ti in would be worth replacing the 9800GTs