XBOX 720

InCrYsIs

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are we all complaining about this. We are all going to die on 12-21-2012 anyway. :teehee: BTW I do not believe that.

Also this is all just rumor. What's worse though is the rumor, even if it is true now, may not be true in the future. There are how many months before the 720 is released? There could still be changes made to the design.

Also this is all just rumor. What's worse though is the rumor, even if it is true now, may not be true in the future. There are how many months before the 720 is released? There could still be changes made to the design.

Yeah but don't forget it's hardware is finalized or nearly when the developers start making the games for it... considering what they did with a weak gpu I can't wait to see what they'll do with a pretty good one :) As long as it's more reliable than the first couple generation 360s...

Needs system dedicated ram and 1gb probably for 1080p... I guess we will find out soon enough :) I wonder what it will look like :)

Edited by Dan The Gamer

The HD 6670 is also a DirectX 11 card, meaning consoles (at least the Next Xbox) will finally break away from DirectX 9. That right there should mean any ports to the PC (and you know there will be) will finally be made with modern tech. I don't care if we're on DX12 next year, the fact that so many games still use DX9 because of the current console's limitations is disturbing. We shouldn't have to rely on DX11 patches, we should have DX11 support from the start for every game!

Not only is the date of the 2012 prophecy constantly changing, I like these two quotes:

"For the ancient Maya, it was a huge celebration to make it to the end of a whole cycle," said Sandra Noble, executive director of the Foundation for the Advancement of Mesoamerican Studies. The 2012 phenomenon, she said, is "a complete fabrication and a chance for a lot of people to cash in."[3] "There will be another cycle," said E. Wyllys Andrews V, director of the Tulane University Middle American Research Institute. "We know the Maya thought there was one before this, and that implies they were comfortable with the idea of another one after this."

So perhaps we'll just have one big a_ _ party!

Anyway, I have a hard time justifying this decision to go with a 6670 since most cards are Dx11 now. So picking a Dx11 card capable of HD content is pretty much a given.

Anyway, I have a hard time justifying this decision to go with a 6670 since most cards are Dx11 now. So picking a Dx11 card capable of HD content is pretty much a given.

The HD 6670 is also a DirectX 11 card, meaning consoles (at least the Next Xbox) will finally break away from DirectX 9. That right there should mean any ports to the PC (and you know there will be) will finally be made with modern tech. I don't care if we're on DX12 next year, the fact that so many games still use DX9 because of the console's limitations is disturbing. We shouldn't have to rely on DX11 patches, we should have DX11 support from the start for every game!

Did you not read what I wrote?

Dang, that 6670 is slower than a 4870. http://www.guru3d.com/article/radeon-hd-6670-review/5

Its not like a 4870 is sluggish, but it is almost 4 years old!!

I can't wait till 2013. I'll probably and be watching the news and learning how the "Incredible new XBOX 720 has the most photo realistic graphics EVAR" lol :doh:

The fact is, most us here already had computers capable of superior performance years ago and by then we will probably have substantially more powerful ones.

Thats life though. The reasons for this have already be stated: keeping price down, etc... but that doesn't mean I have to like it lol

Did you not read what I wrote?

That is exactly what I was replying to.

Your post made it seem like there is a possibility the new xbox coming out in 2013 would still use a Dx9 video card like the Xbox of 2005. Going with a Dx11 card isn't exactly some major accomplishment. By the time this thing releases you won't even be able to buy a 6670 on Newegg most likely. They will probably be talking about Dx13 in 2013 and we'll be right back to where we are now - whining about being 2 generations shy. :lol:

Edited by Fogel