Comparing Airflow Between Cases

I know the Cooler Master HAF series is better than my Rosewill Challenger, that's a fact I don't deny. But as far as the airflow goes, has anyone owned both a Rosewill Challenger AND a HAF series case?

I'm only concerned with difference in airflow/air cooling. Everything else is void in this consideration. Keep in mind: I NEVER stick with stock fans, so don't base comparison on stock fans but the case design's airflow potential itself.

So, airflow only: Between the Rosewill Challenger and various Cooler Master HAF models, how big is the airflow difference? Make sure to specify the exact HAF model you're talking about when you post, as there's plenty of them floating around.

Don't know if this is relevant but..

In my experience, the HAF X has superior airflow then any other cases I've tried. Never tied the Rosewill challenger but I've tried the NZXT Phantom (the 'next' best after HAF X as some people say)

There's quite a difference between the HAF X and the Phantom. I'm not fully understanding what you meant by 'airflow potential' but if you're asking which one offers a better airflow, I would have to say the HAF X.

I tested both with all fan slots (excluding bottom) populated (the Phantom was a pain in the neck since I'd have to purchase 4 extra fans), each with their own brand of fans. With the HAF X, my GPU (TFIII 570 at the time) was a few degrees lower then with the Phantom (a minor 3-4C difference). Also, the fans of the HAF X seems to produce less noise. I didn't try swapping the fans with one another but the spec sheet shown very little differences.

My Virdict was, either the fans on the HAF X was better or the overall airflow design of the HAF X was superior to that of the Phantom. Although the difference is really not that significant IMO..

So, HAF-X is win-win situation, of-course in a much higher cost.

Not true.. When you buy the phantom, you'd have to buy fans to populate all the fan slots. In the end, you're paying more on the Phantom + fans then the HAF X with superb fans included..

Wow, $190 for the red edition, $220 for the blue (which my fans and cold cathodes are.)

But.. It's also a full tower, so I do expect a large difference between it and my case. I'll keep it mind, but due to cost won't be buying it for at least 2-3 months. Already got a laundry list of investments and purchases planned over the next 3 months, can't fit much else in.. Not a $190 case though.

But I'm betting it's worth the wait, so no biggie. My case will work fine in the meantime.