Smp Windows Client

Fueler

While all this other stuff has been going on I set up two other rigs with the 6.23 SMP client. The first was my main office/gaming rig which has already completed 2 WU's without any problems. The second rig was my bedroom HTPC which has also completed it's first WU with no problems. I also noticed that the 6.23 client runs all cores on my quad AMD Phenom at 100%.....the client I was using 6 months ago averaged between 50% and 75%. I had to run 2 instances of the client to get 100% usage on the cpu but it also crashed or hung at the end all the time. So far so good....the only problems I've had, I caused myself. B:)

Yes it happens, if I did not cause problems I would not have any. Of course if no problems where there to solve that would mean I was not doing anything...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't that what we all do? :P

Not always <_< .....when the freaking client is hanging at the very end on multiple machines and doing it with maddening consistency.......then that's not something "we" caused, that's a programming problem. I'm happy to say that right now I'm not having any programming problems, everything seems to be churning along just fine. B:)

Yea, I just meant that 80% or more of the problems discussed on this forum related to computers are in some way or another caused by ourselves. It's a bit of a sad fact of life, but we do tend to fail a lot :lol:

Anyways, nice to know it's working fine B:)

Yea, I just meant that 80% or more of the problems discussed on this forum related to computers are in some way or another caused by ourselves. It's a bit of a sad fact of life, but we do tend to fail a lot :lol:

Anyways, nice to know it's working fine B:)

Yeah your right ....most of the time we are our own worst enemy :P By the way....it looks like everything is working fine.....the offending PC is finally getting credit for WU's completed and no hanging problems (so far) on any of the four rigs I have folding right now B:)