p5nd overclock

sk8terboy13

first how is my overclock

my Intel pentium dual core e2200 is overclocked to 2.5ghz

my ram is the g.skill pt DDR2-800 4gig kit 4-4-4-12 have to check bios on that my core voltage is 1.360v what do u think please no rude comments i got my gaming ram for xmas and my motherboard for my 14th b-day

my PSU is a Apiva java 500watt psu

my future plans are to add a another 4gig kit to make 8gigs of memory

and SLI MY galaxy gt440 video cards thanks for ur advice

post-80365-0-26997800-1326769814_thumb.png

post-80365-0-87420600-1326769821_thumb.png

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WhAt would u use

Sliverstone, Seasonic, Corsair, Antec, Coolermaster, PC Power and Cooling and a few other brands that are reputeable. This is in no particular order because the deals and specs at the time would influence my decision.

I look for a few things in a new psu, a single 12v rail, at least 80+ bronze rating, enough pci-e 6/6+2 pin connectors to facilitate all the GPUs I ever plan on using.

I would also consider moving towards replacing that GPU if you ever want to upgrade it instead of putting it in sli with another 440. Selling your current GPU and moving to something like the 6850/70 when and if the time cones that you feel you want an upgrade.

Before upgrading RAM run a log of your usage and then use your computer as normal you may be surprised how little you use. You may not need to go to 8gb. DDR2 RAM is unfortunately overpriced compared to DDR3 but not as poorly priced as brand new sticks of DDR1.

Also don't worry about changing your PSU and grata on your oc :cheers:

whats roung with the psu i have

As I said dont worry about changing it. There is nothing wrong with it however there are those that would say it was of lower quality and not as trusted a brand as say seasonic and corsair ect.

whats roung with the psu i have

There is nothing wrong with the PSU you have.

I have marked that as crap as it will burn latest rig. But for your configuration it is more than ok and above all, I never told you to worry about the PSU you are using.

Cheers. :)

Should i keep it on atuto

That depends on your overclock. For what you've currently got auto, or the stock voltages, will be perfectly fine. I've needed to up the voltage on the NB, quite a bit in some cases, for higher overclocks.