Prolimatech PK-2 & PK-3 TIM Review

bp9801

Good review.

Though this (and everyone other TIM review) pretty much proves what a lot of us think, anything packaged and sold as TIM (short of some horribly off brand slop or just old OEM junk) is good enough.

No need at all for the average/moderate/shit... even extreme overclockers to buy fancy expensive TIM, as long as you've got any on at at all you're good to go.

Any correctly applied TIM will do its intended job, your stability shouldn't depend on a ~2-3°C difference between the basic stuff and the 'ultra' stuff.

To be honest -- I saw this on the front page, and it looked like syringes; almost thought we were promoting something we shouldn't be...haha :lol:

I did like the epic 30g size...I just burned through another 5g syringe myself. Never thought I'd have a need for so much :D

I did like the epic 30g size...I just burned through another 5g syringe myself. Never thought I'd have a need for so much :D

I know what you mean :whistling:

1-3C Difference? Not worth 35$, that's for sure.

35$ for 30g is actually a pretty good price per gram.

PK-2 had less than 1C difference with IC Diamond. Andrew was implying that thermal pastes even outside of the scope of this review, they have small performance deviations anymore.

We have a new review for you to check out, this time involving some thermal paste. See how well it performs in the OCC review of the Prolimatech PK-2 & PK-3 TIM - http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/prolimatech_pk2_pk3/

Does the box for the PK-3 state that it has low dry out? I ask because on the company website it doesn't state that for PK-3, but does state it for PK-1 and PK-2.

I wish the reviews of the PK-2 and PK-3 compared it to PK-1 also. I saw a video on youtube of both PK-2 and PK-3 being spread on the cpu... the PK-3 looked very thick and hard to apply.