MSI Geforce GTX 560ti TwinFrozr II default clock ?

Hi,

In every monitoring tools I use, my default clock speed is at 750 Mhz. When I check on every internet page showing this video card, I see a default clock speed at 880 mhz. Why is my clock speed at 750 Mhz instead of 880 Mhz ? I use the lastest Nvidia drivers: 320.18

I downloaded MSI Afterburner and tried to overclock the card but it always "throlls" my GPU when benchmarking with Kombustor.

Ex: Tried 900 Mhz core clock. It throlled my gpu to 450 Mhz (-450 Mhz).

Here is a printscreen of Kombustor "throlling" my gpu in half. And GPU-Z for specs of my GPU.

Thanks ! Bye !

post-108691-0-31236400-1371955526_thumb.jpg

post-108691-0-05796900-1371955588_thumb.jpg

The first thing is that if it is throttling, it is because of Kombustor.

This is a bad benchmark software because that thing makes EVERY air-cooled card to hit a thermal ceiling. Also, I have heard that some video drivers are
programmed to be limited in some "viral-like" applications, such as Kombustor. They are trying to run your card at 100% all the time, which is out of spec.

By Techpowerup , The nVidia 560Ti is at 823 MHz stock core and 1002 memory clock, the MSI Twin Frozr II (non-OC) is at 880 MHz stock core and 1050 memory clock.

I also see that in your screenshots, Kombustor shows a different memory clock speed than the one in GPU-Z.

If you want a quick application to test your GPU, you can use Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome (Not sure about I.E) and open THIS page, then look at your clocks

I just found why my clock speed is 750 Mhz. http://www.msi.com/product/vga/N560GTX-448-Twin-Frozr-III-Power-Edition.html

I always thought it was a twinfrozr II but its a twinfrozr III.

BTW clock speed in Kombuster is around 850 because I overclocked it and it throlled the GPU.

Thanks for the answers.

I tried overclocking yesterday and played Battlefield 3. 850 clock speed and 2075 memory clock speed.

I had a Direct3D error and my game froze. Any suggestion why this happened ?

Thanks !

I just had another error but this time I printscreened it. I can't seem to put it in my msg... :S

I overclock to 843 clock speed and 1011 mhz memory clock. No high temps (59 degree highest I got in BF 3)

Here is the MSG

DirectX fonction "GetDeviceRemovedReason"

Edited by kreator666

I just had another error but this time I printscreened it. I can't seem to put it in my msg... :S

I overclock to 843 clock speed and 1011 mhz memory clock. No high temps (59 degree highest I got in BF 3)

Here is the MSG

DirectX fonction "GetDeviceRemovedReason"

Me and my friend both have MSI 560 TI Frozr II cards, stock 880hz. He had his overclocked to 950hz for a while but then started having artifacting issues and returned to stock. I never overclocked since I didn't feel the need, but once he started having problems I tested mine out to just to see and I starting seeing artifacts in 3d applications right away. It seems like MSI tuned these cards appropriately for the voltage setting.

Neither of us played around with GPU voltage. Since the Frozr heatsinks do allow the card to run pretty cool it could probably handle to increasing voltage which should give a little more core clock headroom. But as I mentioned above personally I don't see the need. Barely any of the games I play max out the card and those that do only barely slow down.