are factory refurbeshed corsair water coolers any good

frio77

I just bought a factory sealed corsair h100 refurbished water cooler from tiger direct I am having second thoughts about installing it I paid $60 for it should I return it and get a new corsair h60 for $20 more ? or is corsair refurbished liquid coolers reliable ?

i sent my h100 in after a year because the fan controller broke, seems like a comon problem with the H100. I would say your fine, just check what the warranty period is.

Normally I would say, refurbs are a great option, but I've heard a LOT of people get Corsair refurbs with bad pumps/leaking coolant.  I don't know who's doing the refurb work but I'm going to guess not Corsair.  I was tempted more than once by the refurb Corsair coolers at Newegg http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181038 but seems like every one with an issue is a dead pump/leaking.

If you've already got it in hand, I would leak test it out of my case, then try it on the CPU to make sure the pump is working, and if all is well I would keep it.  If you haven't ordered...well so far I haven't bought one even though I love my H100i for what it is, but that's me and I just don't want to deal with the RMA if I was to get a bad one.

refurbished goods are only as good as the person fixing them. another thing to consider is any factory defect would make an item go back for refurbishing. it could have nothing to do with leaks that sent it back in the first place. so don't think that every one was sent back because it leaked. sure it probably is a common issue but it surely wouldn't be the only.