Duke Nukem Forever

tkrow21

All I have to say is that they better be preparing a kickass demo because I sure as hell have no faith in DNF keeping up with modern shooters. If people only had $50 to spend and could choose Crysis 2 and DNF, most would choose the former.

All I have to say is that they better be preparing a kickass demo because I sure as hell have no faith in DNF keeping up with modern shooters. If people only had $50 to spend and could choose Crysis 2 and DNF, most would choose the former.

They have a demo up at PAX

I would agree with you, but if you think about it Duke isn't your average shooter. It always had a tendency to be over the top. I mean being able to shrink your opponents and then stepping on them, I mean come on how balanced is that! I wouldn't say balance is an issue with this game which is what makes it so fun! Its not balanced its ridiculous!

We will see when it ships though. I am very skeptical as well. With all the cheap sequels of legendary games (Quake, Doom, Wolfenstine, etc...) it is hard to live up to those legendary originals. I just don't want to see another B-rated title based on these franchises that are so close to every gamers heart.

They have a demo up at PAX

I meant that I hope they realize that if they want to make amends and gain back the faith that several of us has lost, they need to release a playable demo prior to release.

I guess im just wondering if they kept the graphics up to date. If not its gonna look really bad compared to most games now.

what kept the game from being finished was because of newer games. The lead designer just kept scraping the thing over and over again until they ran out of money. The first delay was because of Half-Life. It had such great graphics and the opening sequence where you are on the trolley really hit off with him and he wanted something similar in DNF. In fact if we want to blame anything we need to blame the games that weren't delayed. Damn those productive jerks

No if you ever watched the Jace Hall show it was cocaine, hookers and lots of Wow that delayed the game.

Well everyone said this game would come out when pigs fly so here we are.

pig1.gif

Edited by slick2500

I'm so incredibly excited... and not just because DNF is finally coming out, but because Gearbox is behind it as well. The oldest shirt I have in my closet says Gearbox on it, and I wear it proudly ALL the time :P

If 3d Realms had kept pace technology-wise with competing studios and maintained their humor and gameplay-value they would have done extremely well. All 3d Realms games I've played were incredibly fun. Their games played a primary role in me becoming a gamer for life.

Edited by hierovision