Horrible Mouse Touchpad

Joey04

Hi OCC,

I got a new laptop from my company (a Dell Latitude Semi-Rugged) and I find the mouse touch-pad on the machine to be horrible. I had an older machine (a Panasonic Toughbook) where for years I used the mouse touch-pad extensively with no issues. However, on the Dell it stops, it sticks, it jumps, and I can't get it to go where I need it and its driving me nuts. However, when I plug in an external mouse, the external mouse works fine. (But I don't like taking the external mouse everywhere, and I have trouble using it when travelling.)

And even worse, when I take it to our IT department, they can't find any issues with it, so they think I am crazy. (They have played extensively with the sensitivity settings, but it doesn't help when I start trying to use it like I am used to.)

So my question, is there any tools out there, like a obstacle course game, not a difficult game, but requires quick and precise mouse movements and clicks, so I can show its easy to play the game on an external mouse, but  impossible if they try to play the game on this crappy mouse touch-pad? 

Or any thoughts of how to demonstrate this touch-pad is junk?

THANKS!!!

None specifically for that task that I'm aware of. Does anybody else in the company use the same laptop? If so check their's out. Yours could have a fault that the chumps in the IT dept. can't figure out. Also check for driver updates for your machine. Failing that, try begging for another laptop. I personally hate all touchpad's & always carry a supplementary mouse.