Ubee DDW3611 firewall problems

iskout

I just upgraded to Road Runner's Extreme package (30/5 Mb/s), which comes with the Ubee DDW3611 Router/Modem. The problem is that the firewall on the router actually blocks OCC. I haven't had any problems with any other websites, and if I disable the firewall, then I can access OCC, but I'd rather not have to leave my firewall off.

Anyone have any experience with this router? I can't find any way to change the firewall's settings, though I haven't really looked through everything (the UI on this router is pretty irritating).

I just upgraded to Road Runner's Extreme package (30/5 Mb/s), which comes with the Ubee DDW3611 Router/Modem. The problem is that the firewall on the router actually blocks OCC. I haven't had any problems with any other websites, and if I disable the firewall, then I can access OCC, but I'd rather not have to leave my firewall off.

Anyone have any experience with this router? I can't find any way to change the firewall's settings, though I haven't really looked through everything (the UI on this router is pretty irritating).

I'd say either upgrade the firmware on the modem/router, or just get a new modem all together.

I'd say either upgrade the firmware on the modem/router, or just get a new modem all together.

The problem is that this is the only DOCSIS 3.0 enabled Modem that TWC has, and I need it for my internet :lol:

That sucks! Hmmm does the router config have any type of firewall settings built into it? That really just blows. Now I know why everyone says TWC is a pain. confused.gif

Edited by MJCRO

That sucks! Hmmm does the router config have any type of firewall settings built into it? That really just blows. Now I know why everyone says TWC is a pain. confused.gif

I can't find anything that adjusts settings for the firewall. It's quite irritating, honestly.

Well you can just ask them for a modem and not a modem/router combo. I have TWC and only have the modem and make sure they only give me the modem when I upgrade to the new ones.

I might try that, thanks!

Edited by iskout

If they won't give you just a modem you could also turn the firewall off and just set it to bridged mode and put another firewalled router behind it that would allow you to make changes if necessary.