Renigade

When you drag from top to bottom you get your notification area. But I cant find the area to customize it. I thought it should be under Settings-Display-Notification Panel?post-65067-0-55226800-1360786739_thumb.png

Or is that a customization that requires rooting. Because I use this for business I removed the root and had a friend fix it so they cant tell it was ever rooted. He told me it it gets damaged theres a chance that he would not be able to do that and it would void my agreement ....so no rooting fo Reni

Its not illegal to unlock the bootloader.

Also, no, you don't have to unlock the bootloader to root the Note II. Just use the exynos exploit. Or chainfire's tool. 

Ah, you're right. I thought they meant unlocking the bootloader, they meant unlocking to the phone for use under another service.

Everything was copacetic until this past October, when the U.S. Copyright Office and the Librarian of Congress spent time reviewing some of those exceptions made to the DMCA. Geekier endeavors like jailbreaking or rooting your devices are still totally kosher...

I'd temproot as necessary at the very least, but so much potential is lost when one removes or never takes advantage of what rooting has to offer.

Just download a copy of the stock ROM and put it on your SD card and put one copy on a PC somewhere.  Then root, flash custom roms, tweak etc. to your heart's content.  If you ever need to turn the phone back in just re-flash the stock ROM and you're done.

If you haven't visited them yet... take a look at the XDA Developers website.  Tons of cool and useful resources for everything Android Mobile.

Just download a copy of the stock ROM and put it on your SD card and put one copy on a PC somewhere.  Then root, flash custom roms, tweak etc. to your heart's content.  If you ever need to turn the phone back in just re-flash the stock ROM and you're done.

If you haven't visited them yet... take a look at the XDA Developers website.  Tons of cool and useful resources for everything Android Mobile.

+1

Tbh, no reason to have the stock ROM on your SD card eating up space. Just do a nandroid backup of your current ROM and flash that if anything ever goes bad, it'll still have your apps and settings.