Wireless Piggyback setup

mac173

I am looking at these two devices to have both wired and wireless in my house. The wired router I already have, the wireless one I am looking to buy.

EtherFast® Cable/DSL Router with 4-Port Switch

Linksys E2500 Advanced Dual-Band N Router

Is this a good setup for 2 wired computers, 1 wired backup drive, X-Box, and wireless Blu-Ray player?

Could my daughter use this wireless with her smartphone for internet access at home?

Thanks, networking is NOT my strong point.

• 2 weeks later...

I am looking at these two devices to have both wired and wireless in my house. The wired router I already have, the wireless one I am looking to buy.

EtherFast® Cable/DSL Router with 4-Port Switch

Linksys E2500 Advanced Dual-Band N Router

Is this a good setup for 2 wired computers, 1 wired backup drive, X-Box, and wireless Blu-Ray player?

Could my daughter use this wireless with her smartphone for internet access at home?

Thanks, networking is NOT my strong point.

Generally the thing I warn people about from my own experience is don't necessarily buy the cheapest. I have gone through sooo many cheap routers/wireless routers within a pretty short span...

If your looking for a wireless router I would aim for the $80-100 one... Which the one you pointed out is in the range. Not a bad deal for a dual band router, if I wasn't trying to get away from consumer routers I would pick one up myself :D

Oh by the way, since you have a router, there really is no need to get another router. You might just want to look for an access point, or just replace your current router with that wireless one.

If you do buy both you want to make sure to set your new router into BRIDGE mode otherwise you will run into issues. Do this before you connect it to your current network...

Edited by greengiant912