XFX HD 7970 Black Edition Double Dissipation 3 GB Review

bp9801

The new graphics cards are starting to come out in force, and today we have a factory overclocked AMD HD 7970 from XFX for your viewing pleasure. See how it compares as OCC reviews the XFX HD 7970 Black Edition Double Dissipation 3 GB - http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/xfx_hd7970_black_edition/

Nice to see factory overclocked cards coming out.

But for the price of $600. :cry: <-- not for me. I'll wait till the release of kepler which will bring the price down. :evilgrin:

Haha you are kidding I would love that price, the cheapest reference for me is $700 with some reference cooled 7970s at $750 with a gigabyte triple fan aftermarket cooled one going for $770 and a 6990 at only wait a sec they have dropped 6990s altogether from the site... well at $780-820 it would be hard to sell the way overpriced 7970s

I have a question in the pros it had fastest single gpu gfx card. How can this be claimed as there is at stock clocks others factory clocked the same and if you were to get another card even next week to review that overclocks higher what happens to that pro?

Good review don't like the look of the card on bit :lol:

I have a question in the pros it had fastest single gpu gfx card. How can this be claimed as there is at stock clocks others factory clocked the same and if you were to get another card even next week to review that overclocks higher what happens to that pro?

I think Frank is more or less saying that about the 7970's in general.

I would expect the LCS edition from Powercolor should come in as the quickest card out of all 7970's when its released.

1177 / 1652 OC....drool

You'd probably drown in your own saliva once you hit 1250mhz and 1725mhz for gaming like I do on mine :lol:

Two DD's in CF would be horrible, imagine all that heat in your case and the temp increases :(

You'd probably drown in your own saliva once you hit 1250mhz and 1725mhz for gaming like I do on mine :lol:

Two DD's in CF would be horrible, imagine all that heat in your case and the temp increases :(

You going under water?

A 1300/1800 under water would be insane.

You going under water?

A 1300/1800 under water would be insane.

No water, because the temps never even break 75C at those speeds :lol:

I think Franks would have been able to go further on the reference Sapphire HD7970 if he used the latest Sapphire Trixx to go past CCC limits like I did

No water, because the temps never even break 75C at those speeds :lol:

I think Franks would have been able to go further on the reference Sapphire HD7970 if he used the latest Sapphire Trixx to go past CCC limits like I did

Just WOW if it can oc to that with temps like that and only be a reference card why are people bitching about price IMO it is totally justified for a stable oc 24/7 that is over 1200 core with sub 80C temps.

The non reference cards may be very promising especially when one cones along with a better voltage design using two 8pin connectors and more phases.