Buy Windows 8 NOW!

VaporX

If you are even considering buying Windows 8 you need to do it now. After this month the price for Windows 8 goes through the roof, so now is the best time to buy, even if you do not plan to use it right now.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2025778/windows-8-pro-upgrade-price-rises-to-199-99-after-jan-31.html

I will go even farther and say if you are building a new PC buy Windows 8 right now for it. The methods of getting the upgrade to install on a clean system are well documented so I will not go into them here. However consider this. Right now you can buy a Windows 8 upgrade for well below the cost of Windows 7. Windows 8 at it's core is essentially a cleaned up and optimized version of Windows 7. For $5 you can put on Start 8 and never touch the Metro interface, giving you the same interface as Windows 7 with all the improvements to the core 8 has made and even the extra $5 is still less money than buying Windows 7. Plus you have more versatility since you can also use the Metro interface in the future if you decide to without having to buy a new OS.

However once these price changes hit I find it hard to suggest buying Windows 8. So buy now...

Funny , I just a bought another copy of win 7 after reading this . I won't touch 8 unless its free

Edit: you can get win 7 pro cheaper than 8

Edited by hornybluecow

I'll wait for Windows Blue, meant to be releasing this summer but I can endure :D Windows 7 for another couple of months... or years.

According to sources Windows Blue shares the SAME Metro interface and will be to Win8 what Win7 was to Vista.... the same but more polished

I'll wait for Windows Blue, meant to be releasing this summer but I can endure :D Windows 7 for another couple of months... or years.

According to sources Windows Blue shares the SAME Metro interface and will be to Win8 what Win7 was to Vista.... the same but more polished

Yes but it will be much improved, will run better than W8 due to Kernel update and some deeper changes(W8 is already fast so yay!) and will be very cheap! Sounds like a win for waiting :)