Windows 7 Beta Evaluation

Nemo

Nice review, though personally I see no benefit of Win7 over Vista, so I'll be sticking to Vista for the foreseeable future. It'll be interesting to see how Win7 compares to Vista SP2 once that becomes available.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice review, though personally I see no benefit of Win7 over Vista, so I'll be sticking to Vista for the foreseeable future. It'll be interesting to see how Win7 compares to Vista SP2 once that becomes available.

I thought I heard or read that Win 7 will be a free upgrade to current Vista owners, so in essence an intense service pack.

I think Windows 7 is pretty and has some nice ideas so I trust it on my desktop.

I thought I heard or read that Win 7 will be a free upgrade to current Vista owners, so in essence an intense service pack.

Don't know where you heard that. There's been talk of discounts for Vista owners, but never heard anything about free upgrades for all current Vista owners.

In any case, there is an SP2 for Vista scheduled to drop regardless.

Don't know where you heard that. There's been talk of discounts for Vista owners, but never heard anything about free upgrades for all current Vista owners.

In any case, there is an SP2 for Vista scheduled to drop regardless.

maybe it was just Ultimate owners, but it's probably leaning on a no anyway just a rumor and wishful thinker.

I think Windows 7 is pretty and has some nice ideas so I trust it on my desktop.

Probably something to similar as to what they did a couple months before Vista was release. People buying XP computers we're offered free (or cheap?) upgrades to Vista.

Probably something to similar as to what they did a couple months before Vista was release. People buying XP computers we're offered free (or cheap?) upgrades to Vista.

ah ok, maybe that's what I read and misinterpreted

Well according to this article

http://news.cnet.com/the-case-for-the-...dows-7-upgrade/

Anyone who purchases Vista between July 1, 2009 to January 31, 2010 is suppose to get a free upgrade to Windows 7.

Maybe this is wear you read it from?

That essentially means 7 should be released around the same time Vista was :)

Well according to this article

http://news.cnet.com/the-case-for-the-...dows-7-upgrade/

Anyone who purchases Vista between July 1, 2009 to January 31, 2010 is suppose to get a free upgrade to Windows 7.

Maybe this is wear you read it from?

no but atleast I was right :) it was actually a word of mouth but I'm glad it proved factual (since it was a positive rumor)

no but atleast I was right :) it was actually a word of mouth but I'm glad it proved factual (since it was a positive rumor)

Well you originally said current Vista owners, which that is not applicable to. Like Zertz said, it's basically the same thing they did with the Vista launch.

Well you originally said current Vista owners, which that is not applicable to. Like Zertz said, it's basically the same thing they did with the Vista launch.

but somebody get's "free" win7 ;)

Edited by IVIYTH0S

• 4 weeks later...