FAH Affinity Setter

ARandomOWL

I am sick of setting affinity for my 3 FAH clients so I made a small program that sits in the system tray & periodically checks affinty for FAH clients. If the affinity has changed (ie. New WU) then it sets it back to the users prefered setting. At the moment it only supports the GPU2 client, the single client cores 81/82 & a VMware virtual machine which u may be running FAH on. It doesn't matter what client is running on a VMware it will Still work. It has currently been tested only on the rig in my sig. Running vista 32 with .Net 3.0. It should also work with XP, .Net 2.0 & Dual core CPUs but these have not yet been tested.

I would be greatful if u guys would try it on ur machines. I would definetly not put a virus in it but to be sure, scan it with ur Antivirus first if u wish. The interface is self explanatory. If u find any bugs, problems or suggestions please tell me so i can correct them.

Update (05 Jul 09, see change log for info): New version released (1.16)

FAH Manager 1.16 (28.6KB, .ZIP)

There are now *.cores files that should be kept in the same directory as the FAH Manager.exe. These files contain the core name, eg. FahCore_11. If you come across a new core, add it to the appropriate file proceeded by a comma (no spaces). Have a look at the default files if you are not sure what I mean (use notepad to open them).

Edited by AJW256

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm about to try this out. :)

Edit: can you please explain how this is supposed to work? the taskbar icon does not do anything.

Edit2: Now a context menu pops up when I right click the taskbar icon but I just get an hourglass / spiny thing. Then the program crashes.

I readme would be great.

yep vista x64. I messed with the compatibility settings and that did not help :( Can the app be ported to 64 bit with minimal effort?

Also I think its great that you are making this. I (and I'm sure many other people) have been looking for an automatic was to set the affinity for the client(s) for a long time.