NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Reviewed

Bosco

I'd rather wait until Nvidia releases the GeForce 8 series, then purchase a high/mid range card for a fraction of the price. 

So you're just skipping the 7 series altogether? You'll have a long wait there.

It's all very nice and all at the moment but I can never imagine myself shelling out the kind of money this card will demand. I'd rather wait until Nvidia releases the GeForce 8 series, then purchase a high/mid range card for a fraction of the price. 

I can never quite get my head around someone willing to waste money on such a frivolous item (or two) that'll only have bragging rights for about a year. As nice as this card is, it's just won't be worth it. My opinion only.

I'll give Nyt till Monday to post that he has one if not two on order. :rofl:

One day he won't have mommy and daddy buying him stuff and he'll learn the value of money.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One day he won't have mommy and daddy buying him stuff and he'll learn the value of money.

Haters gonna hate... Why don't you go edit the Titan review or something :tongue:

Edited by Midnight Rider

Haters gonna hate... Why don't you go edit the Titan review or something :tongue:

Not hating, just smart about what I spend my money on. I could easily afford to quad-SLI these and barely make a dent in my savings, but I'm not an idiot. When I buy parts, I almost never look for anything above the "second best" because I know the top is always way overpriced just because. It's called spending money wisely and as long as you have someone else buying you stuff, you won't appreciate that.

I know what the numbers are. :)

If I was deciding on a new gaming rig today I would take this over a 690.

What I love about this card is small form factor for awesome gaming, can't do that with a 690.

Its pricey but you it build they will come, its not for 98% of people out there, but either is a 690 or a 7990 so there you have it.

What I love about this card is small form factor for awesome gaming, can't do that with a 690.

Its pricey but you it build they will come, its not for 98% of people out there, but either is a 690 or a 7990 so there you have it.

Go tell NVIDIA to send me one. My GPU is clearly my bottleneck now, so it'd only make sense. :wave:

Go tell NVIDIA to send me one. My GPU is clearly my bottleneck now, so it'd only make sense. :wave:

Right :no:

They make'em, people will always buy 'em. It's a mugs game.

I found a new benchmark that benches a k10 to a k20 tesla . The k20 is faster by about %10 so if the titans are the rejects of the k20 bin it's probly clocked down and is intact slower. The up side is its a single gpu so 4 will be faster than 2 GTX 690 ( same amount of gpus)

DOuble precision performance is going to be lower than K20 as this card was designed for the consumer space. If you want Tesla then you will have to pony up for it. By including 896 DP CUDA cores its an entry point for those looking to start developing for CUDA . 

Not hating, just smart about what I spend my money on. I could easily afford to quad-SLI these and barely make a dent in my savings, but I'm not an idiot. When I buy parts, I almost never look for anything above the "second best" because I know the top is always way overpriced just because. It's called spending money wisely and as long as you have someone else buying you stuff, you won't appreciate that.

Sure, I appreciate the costs and would have a hard time justifying the spend on 4 of them. Quad GPU scaling always hits the wall of diminishing returns after 2 and into 3 cards.