GTX 580 Graphics Card from ASUS Tested

Nemo

Not really. Undersigning components is different than hardware monitoring that detects the over current and then uses the driver to reduce the load on the GPU. Kind of a two part solution that is clearly evident. You can run Furmark or Kombuster on the 5870 and it will overload it, It does not work in tandem with the driver to drop the loading

Looks like 580 oced can take even the 5970.

also depends on the rest of the system... im taking nyt ryder (check our duel section) with stock clocks against his slightly clocked 5970 with good results.... both our systems r very similar.. infact.. they are almost identical hahah

im taking nyt ryder (check our duel section) with stock clocks against his slightly clocked 5970 with good results....

Just for saying that , im going to be coming back with the Accelero Xtreme on tuesday and blow your GTX580 into dust :lol:

Jokes aside , it does fairly well but dont expect it to beat the 5970 in everything .

Its 50/50 atm with the 580 and 5970 winning equal amounts of benchies around the net

Just for saying that , im going to be coming back with the Accelero Xtreme on tuesday and blow your GTX580 into dust :lol:

Jokes aside , it does fairly well but dont expect it to beat the 5970 in everything .

Its 50/50 atm with the 580 and 5970 winning equal amounts of benchies around the net

When you start OC'ing it the HD5970 will lose, even OC'ed. Once again, Fermi OC > Hemlock/Cypress XT OC.

When you start OC'ing it the HD5970 will lose, even OC'ed. Once again, Fermi OC > Hemlock/Cypress XT OC.

But the 5970 is still better . I'd like to see a oc'ed GTX580 try beat my oc'ed 5970 . Stay tuned in the duel section whis week where we'll be having that battle hopefully.

But the 5970 is still better . I'd like to see a oc'ed GTX580 try beat my oc'ed 5970 . Stay tuned in the duel section whis week where we'll be having that battle hopefully.

Uses more power and gets hotter, I don't see how its better. And your using another HD 5870 with the 5970? and Quad Crossfire is total crap, or it is a lot of the time. Minimum FPS are often crap because crossfire scaling is a bit crappy in some games.

Edited by Krieg1337

Us dueling with my overclocked GTX 460 1GB's in SLI showed the overclocked HD 5970 superior in every match-up at 1920 x 1080 resolutions. Knowing that my overclocked GTX 460 1GB's in SLI better that of a GTX 480 from reviews (not from dueling), I'm not too sure most reviews give that accurate a picture. Which is why I set-up the duel thread in the first place. Especially when the settings are set to the highest, that's when the upper-end cards really shine. I kind of wished I knew that before I bought the GTX 460 1GB's, but I'm not complaining. I may lose in the hardware graphics duels, but in the software gaming duels, I bet I'll win. :P