Red Faction Games Reviewed

Red Faction isn't necessarily one of my favorite games, but when I was younger it was this, Descent and Deus Ex that I had and I played the hell out of all of them.

• 6 months later...

Sorry about the thread necro, but for anyone interested, Red Faction: Guerrilla has just been updated to a Steam Edition with a variety of tweaks and fixes, but most importantly, GFWL has been removed. Here are the release notes:

Steam Edition Feature Highlights:

• Added Steam Trading Cards
  • DirectX 11 Render Backend instead of DirectX 10 (DirectX 9 still available as fall back)
  • Added Wrecking Crew maps: RUINS, REPERCUSSION, IMPERIAL, EXPANSION, FROST, ABANDONED
  • Added Behemoth Mode
  • Matchmaking and Multiplayer via Steamworks
  • Added Host Migration functionality
  • Added Join in Progress functionality to join matches that are already started
  • No Games for Windows Live sign-in required
  • Leaderboards via Steam
  • Voice Chat via Steam
  • Achievements via Steam
  • At first launch the game attempts to migrate savegames from GFWL to the new system
  • Added Russian, Polish and Czech Localization

Misc Changes:

• Added Achievements to DLC content
  • Fixed camera speed in vehicles
  • Steam offline mode enabled
  • Removed XP limitation for all multiplayer game modes.
  • Added voice chat "push to talk" option. It's enabled by default and it can be changed in the audio options. It's binded to key "Z" by default.
  • Added "Join chat" in matchmaking lobby. When using this option you will be joining RFG chat root
  • Changed minimum player number for Siege and Large Mixer to 6
  • Fixed mouse acceleration when driving walkers
  • Added ability to view Steam Gamer profile in leaderboards and in-game scoreboard
  • The time limit between lobby disconnects is doubled
  • Minimum players required to start the team game is four and for normal game it's three.
  • Removed Aim Assist in Multiplayer
  • Various Stability improvements

I just started playing it today, it's good :)

It was enjoyable though the difficulty I had to turn down because you just don't have the ammo and overall...too much driving lol

Playing the first Red Faction now...and it's also hard so maybe it's just the series :lol:

Edited by IVIYTH0S