COD Black Ops 2 Discussion/Problems

Nyt

Had a bit more time to play this ( off work sick lol ) does anyone else find the maps on the multiplayer to be very cluttered and quite small? Not enough sniping areas and just down out rubbish to play on?

Said the same - not enough open space on the maps. :) Somehow it took a few days before I got subjected to the worst MP map I've played on a FPS game - Hostage. While I'm not one to remember the names for BLOPS 2 maps, in case anyone else is the same. It is the luxury yacht stage. It is so horrible everyone is afraid to move because no one can get the feel for how that map is supposed to be played. A hooker that smokes 3 packs a days sucks less than this map does.

After fiinally getting to play this without it crashing every other map, I can say that I definately prefer the first Blops over this one. I am not a fan of the unlocking system, the maps, the kill streaks or the fact that you can not rent your own server for it. I am really disappointd in Tryarch, it is as if they took the decent COD games they have been producing and dumbed it down to meet the needs of the MW2 and 3 lovers.

Outside of being a FPS game and sharing the Call of Duty name it really is nothing like MW2 or MW3. The maps play completely different - IW does a much better job balancing maps making sure there is both open area and CQB. Both games unlock weapons, gear and streaks in different ways. The gunplay is no where close to the same between the BLOPS series and the MW series.

What I like:

The way you can customize your loadout is awesome. I love having the ability to sacrifice a concussion grenade in exchange for a useful weapon attachment.

Don't like:

See above - mostly it is the maps though.

What I have to question:

This is for the XBox version of the game. While I appreciate their effort to stop people from dashboarding I gotta say their implementation of it is stupid. The host left one game - game lag sucked. Next game the host left again - probably due to everyone camping. Next game I joined the game lobby and saw it was the Yacht (Hostage) map so I left the lobby before the game began and all of a sudden it put me on a 5 minute probabation for "leaving early". WTF Treyarch = good ideas, retarded implementation.

This is for the XBox version of the game. While I appreciate their effort to stop people from dashboarding I gotta say their implementation of it is stupid. The host left one game - game lag sucked. Next game the host left again - probably due to everyone camping. Next game I joined the game lobby and saw it was the Yacht (Hostage) map so I left the lobby before the game began and all of a sudden it put me on a 5 minute probabation for "leaving early". WTF Treyarch = good ideas, retarded implementation

not run into this on the pc version as yet, but will post if i do.

now i've moved up levels and unlocked more of the weapons and perks etc... the amount of customization is amazing. i am really starting to love this game, although another problem i'm finding is actually aiming with any sort of accuracy with any weapon, ive watched kill cams after ive been killed and just dont understand how other people have such a good aim lol, maybe its just me or (blaming my hardware) my mouse thats the problem. Never had a problem with the other cod games but this is just something else!! using the asus laptop in my sig and a hp mobile wireless optical mouse. tried using my sons rig he has a microsoft laser 6000 mouse, and its the same just dont get it

Edited by steve burnell

Black Ops 2 is $40 after $20 MIR at TigerDirect/CompUSA/Circuit City. They are the only chain I know that offers MIR for video games haha. I just got back my 1.5 TB rebate from TigerDirect, took about a month.

Edited by AZNguyen

I didn't see anyone really mention anything about the zombies....here is my take on that....IT SUCKS!!! Well for the 1 map of it I can play solo its okay but to not really be able to play on all 3 solo sucks....They do give you 3 maps however 2 of the 3 maps you must have 2 people to play. On top of that in those maps you are on teams against each other and if one goes down you can't revive them. I guess its a good idea but why not make it optional to be against or with someone? I can't even really get to play these 2 zombie maps because people tend to just suck at zombies and die within the first 5 rounds, I can't revive them then I live through that level of zombies and its over because they died. I bought the season pass already on my PS3 and im really praying the new DLC maps are not like this or else im going to have wasted $50 on the season pass.

Here is the new "good" things that ive noticed about the new zombies well at least in the one level I really can get around in (the map you can go solo). They have added workbench's in zombies in which you find certain parts to create a new "tool" for you to use. In the opening room you find the parts for this fan that ends up acting like a power source. This allows you to open doors that require one and it also allows you to move out of the first room without having to spend any points. After getting out of the first room and to the outside there is a bus located outside that travels to 3 spots. They have also added an "easy" option for those of us who are not as zombie savvy as others. I tried easy out and basically all it does it just slow the zombies down a little bit. You still die after only 2 consecutive hits. You are also able to choose what level to start the zombies off at. I believe level 20 is the highest you can start at.

Things that are "bad" about the zombies. Well I already mentioned 2 of the 3 maps need 2 people to play and you must be on opposite teams. I find the maps like others have said about the MP maps....small...not much room to move around. Also there are parts of the ground which have lava flowing which kill you....really crappy when you get smacked by a zombie then you go to run away but die because you hit some damn lava....VERY VERY VERY IRRITATING!!!!!!!!! The lava seems to be just about everywhere.

I for one had my hopes up with the new zombies coming. However I have been sadly disapointed. I can only pray that the future DLC maps will be better. Time will tell....

• 2 weeks later...

That happened to me once.

Still have that lame issue of the game punishing me for other people quitting the game.  Treyarch really sucks at coding games.

Will say they definitely improved the guns in this game over BLOPS 1.  They are many guns that are actually fun to use where as I couldn't find one gun I liked BLOPS 1.  The SWAT 556 with Stock and MMS is OP though.  Went 18-0 with that and a pistol.   Pistols are also way overpowered in this game too.  I found dual wield B23Rs on the ground and the guy who had those either had to get quad teamed at the same time or sniped because I don't know how anyone can go down with those in their hands.  I say that tongue in cheek but it is ridiculous how OP that setup is.   Try it if you see them laying on the ground and you feel like you're U.Bolt running against pre-schoolers. 

• 2 weeks later...

I wish I had player cod black ops 2 before playing moh warfighter. I really liked the moh fps a lot. The cod fps seems a lot more boring to me.

I just seem to run through the game shooting and not really playing it. Just kinda boring. :(

Interesting.  My friend is a huge MoH fan, more so than any other FPS, and he said once the new one comes out to not be surprised to see him on that and not on CoD anymore.   I think I saw him on MoH once since release.  Now he is either on Netflix (most of the time) or CoD.  Figured it wasn't good but didn't want to ask him in case he was mad about it.

Interesting.  My friend is a huge MoH fan, more so than any other FPS, and he said once the new one comes out to not be surprised to see him on that and not on CoD anymore.   I think I saw him on MoH once since release.  Now he is either on Netflix (most of the time) or CoD.  Figured it wasn't good but didn't want to ask him in case he was mad about it.

I have no opinion on the multiplayer part of either game since I have not played them. I only did the fps part of both. cod2 got better by the end and I really liked the music vid at the very end, That was cool.;)

I think it was that the moh had the help from the navy seals that made a big difference for me,just thinking those crazy bastards may have really done some of this stuff in real life. Now Im looking for my next game to play,thinking dishonored.;)