on what base do developers decide what is reccommended or not?

WarWeeny

i have wondered this for a while now, if a developer says a gtx560 is needed for reccommended specs then at what settings and resolution are they reccommended for?

same with crysis 3, gtx 560 for reccommended settings and optimal settings is a gtx680 (which is a bit over the top if you ask me) but what IS optimal settings and what IS reccommended settings? 

same on how sites like game-o-meter, or canyourunit, how does that rack up to the specs of your computer and again at what settings/resolution?

or even better, what framrate?

i wanted to ask the question now because i was checking on one opf the sites and it says my graphics card is weaker then the gtx 560 and thats..well pretty much bullshit xD

pic because it happened D:

fgvbg_zps76592a02.png

thought maybe one of you lot knew how and what :P

Edited by WarWeeny

GTX 480 > GTX 560 or HD 5870

not according to that chart  :lol:

i also dont agree most of the time but i am curious on what they base their specs on, it never says, very high on x resolution its always so cryptic.

i hope i can run the game on ultra on 1080P, if not, dropping a few shadows will probably fix it :P

hope there will be an optimisation guide on the net on what does what and how it inpacts the perfomance, like they had with bf3 and crysis 1 and the witcher 2.

Edited by WarWeeny

I think they make up the minimum or required specs 5 minutes before they submit them... an afterthought. They also always seem to make the minimum specs required lower than playability just to sell more copies.

I think they make up the minimum or required specs 5 minutes before they submit them... an afterthought. They also always seem to make the minimum specs required lower than playability just to sell more copies.

I gotta agree with ya, it does seem like they put minimum specs required lower than whats actually required to play said game most of the time.

is your gtx 480 a dx11 card ? bc that seems to be what this particular deciding factor is according to your first post stats sheet...i'm certain the gtx 480 exceeds all other factors except dx11...

is your gtx 480 a dx11 card ? bc that seems to be what this particular deciding factor is according to your first post stats sheet...i'm certain the gtx 480 exceeds all other factors except dx11...

All 480s are DX 11.

Minimum specs usually mean 30 fps maintained at the lowest settings.

Recommended specs are more subjective - they tend to be what the developer feels is minimum specs required for the minimum settings they feel portray the experience how they envisioned it. Sort of like NVIDIA's slogan, "The way it's meant to be played", but on a more crude level. For a game like Crysis 3, that probably means High settings at 1080p, not Ultra.

All 480s are DX 11.

ok kewl, i wasn't sure...and i used to have one :lol: