Favorite Beer?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, the american beer=piss argument may be partially valid. But to make a seriously light pilsner WITH flavor is extremely difficult. I think the people who call it piss prefer non-pilsner beers. I know I don't like them. A 20-sommething friend of mine saidd that Pabst BR was his idea of what a general beer should be. liike if someone got a bucket, threw in the ingredients and mixed it up to make "beer".....that didn't fly with me. Any jailed prisoner can get a toilet and ingredients and make wine but that dosen't make it into what it should taste like.

my favs:

-Chimay Red chimayr.gif is the most awesome and smoothest Red I have ever drank.

-Harpoon's Hefeweizen UFO 041827900166.jpg tastes like sam adams without the super hoppy flavor. exceptionally smooth.

-Pilsner Urquell. ONLY when it's fresh...ie: the bottles have not seen light. they're green glass so as soon as light touches them they become horrible.

-guinness of course, from the tap or the can. the bottled export variant can lick my ***.

-Bullevard Brewing Company (kansas city) UWB_bottle.jpg also makes an unfiltered wheat ale. It is very good as well on it's own merit.

The only mass produced American beer that I can think of that isn't piss is Sam Adams. Other than that, the only non-piss beers are the smaller breweries (Spoetzl Brewery's Shiner Bock, for example)

Makaveli, did you just use a spoon to get that Black and Tan to layer out just right? When I ordered that once i told my wife that it was a beer parfait. Which reminds me...

Yeah I used the back of a spoon cause that's the legit way. They have these "turtles" that basically sit on top of the glass and you just pour the Guiness on the middle of the turtle's back and it goes evenly on top of the harps. Those are a lazy man's way of doing it.

The one in the picture was a bit rushed and the foam on top had gone down before I got a pic of it. But yes, they are phenomenal.

i usually drink stella, or snakebite and black (half pint cider, half pint lager, dash blackcurrent) although most pubs won't serve it since it hits pretty hard.

i have a few friends who are big into wiess beers, so i'll drink a hoegaarden or two on occasion, but it's never as good as the stuff you get in mainland europe.