• Hard Drive
    • Video Card
    • Sound Card
    • Case
    • Cooling
    • Peripherals (ie mouse, keyboard)
    • Monitor
    • Other

Getting a 1tb Raptor for a Steam drive (I have 200+ games on steam) and finally replacing my 6 year old Logitech MX518 with a G400S

I'd like to replace the TV I'm using as a monitor with a pair of 29 inch NEC Multisync CRT's though, god I hate flat panels haha, it was free though, so I can't complain too much

Edited by DexRain

Y'know, I'm gonna say something that I've never said before in my life:

I'm pretty content with the parts in my computer at the moment. Just upgraded to 2 LG 24" 1920x1080 panels, and everything else is working out pretty well. If anything, a new storage drive would be nice, but I'd have to put some of the HDD cages back in my case, and I'm not really in need of the space yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Got two R9-280X OC cards from a friend. One is ASUS and the other is HIS. Good price for both.

Just got a Tundra TD02 CPU Cooler and told a friend about it. He had one himself and didn't want it anymore, so he's sending it to me.

So I'll be busy in the next few days.

I hesitated between two, then I chose both Hard Drive (a SSD in the laptop would be nice),and my main rig 1680x1050 monitors (2) are pedestrian compared to what is done today.

High-res monitors were quite a pain with XP, I'm already myopic, I don't feel like getting headaches of trying to read minuscule text from a 2560x1600 screen. Plus a lot of games don't really scale text well.