XFX R7 240 Reviewed

Bosco

When you said last gen cards would be a better value I am not sure I agree. I think this card is superior in low power consumption and it's passively cooled with insane overclocking headroom.

I think this, and XFX's version of the R7 250 are probably the low cost HTPC video cards to beat. 

Edited by GabrielTessin
  • Like 1

When you said last gen cards would be a better value I am not sure I agree. I think this card is superior in low power consumption and it's passively cooled with insane overclocking headroom.

I think this, and XFX's version of the R7 250 are probably the low cost HTPC video cards to beat. 

It may have a low power consumption and a good overclocking headroom, but it doesn't come close in performance to let's say a 6870.

If you are on a tight budget and you need some extra horsepower, you are pretty much stuck on the second hand market, hence i took the 6870 as an example (just in case you were wondering why i took a really old model).

• 8 months later...

It may have a low power consumption and a good overclocking headroom, but it doesn't come close in performance to let's say a 6870.

If you are on a tight budget and you need some extra horsepower, you are pretty much stuck on the second hand market, hence i took the 6870 as an example (just in case you were wondering why i took a really old model).

Yeah, if a person is willing to buy a second hand video card, I myself will always prefer new.