Corsair Carbide Air 540 Reviewed

Bosco

If it had more options for mounting additional Hard drives and more front side USB connections...and the top mount HDD adapter that I've come to love in the case that I use for both my main rigs I think I would be in love...While I'm on the subject of complaining I much prefer it when case makers give me fans for the spots they give me fan mounts. Granted many people swap them out with other fans etc, but I can never seem to have too many fans. :D

With that said that is a case that's NOT a repeat of every case before it and I think my mother could do cable management with a 2000W non-modular PSU in that thing. I was shocked to see the $130 price tag, while Mr. $70 or less each for his two cases here doesn't think it's cheap I was expecting a $200 price tag like oh so many "different" cases out there these days.

I have to say very worthy of the Gold award (but seriously no cons...?)

Edited by cchalogamer

I moved my current gamming system over to this case a few weeks ago and love it. I have the thick xspc rad (rx240 I think) mounted up front and was still able to get install my GTX780. I was able to mount a single bay (Bitspower 5.25 Bay Reservoir) sideways in one of the external bays and is seems to work fine, using the lower port for the out and the 2nd from the top as input and the top hole I hooked a hose with a fill port for filling the res...

Great review Chris! I knew you would keep it as personal rig container lol

The only aspect of this case that I may complain about is the lack of filters on the bottom + the cut-outs for the HDD's in there. Other than that it's pretty much perfect compared to all the other bazillion tower style SKU floating out-there.

If it had more options for mounting additional Hard drives and more front side USB connections...and the top mount HDD adapter that I've come to love in the case that I use for both my main rigs I think I would be in love...While I'm on the subject of complaining I much prefer it when case makers give me fans for the spots they give me fan mounts. Granted many people swap them out with other fans etc, but I can never seem to have too many fans. :D

With that said that is a case that's NOT a repeat of every case before it and I think my mother could do cable management with a 2000W non-modular PSU in that thing. I was shocked to see the $130 price tag, while Mr. $70 or less each for his two cases here doesn't think it's cheap I was expecting a $200 price tag like oh so many "different" cases out there these days.

I'll second that but these days all you really need is two hdd  bays since 2tbs are affordable now, just pop in a sshd and you're set. I've never had a build with 3 hdds in my life if I do it's  external. I wish they would of added another 5.25 bay or ever two more underneath the top two.

Though you can always buy a $20 5.25 card reader for more parts.

Edited by kennethk

• 3 weeks later...

It may not be perfect for everyone, but what really does it for me is the departure from the typical tower / mid tower design.  Sure, different manufactures put their spin on towers and mid towers, but the dual chamber cube design adds a breath of fresh air to an otherwise ho-hum direction.  I've been using now for several weeks and I don't have any complaints.