The Hive

Muchoman1

So

The big day is finally here

With my final exams out of the way ( :woo: :woo: ) the time has begun for my latest project

A fully self contained liquid cooled desk

I have only seen a couple of these on the internet, and none i have seen have been this size.

I call this the Hive, due to the fact it is 2.4m long, 1m wide Resident Evil inspired desk.

It has the space inside it to hold 4 seperate watercooling loops, 4 quad radiators, 2 entire computer systems, 4 large powersupplies and can even fit triple 30 inch monitors on top.

So today the reign of the desk began, at my local bunnings, where 5 sheets of 2.4x1.2m MDF was cut up, and bought home.

Thank you to all the current sponsors

logo.gif For supplying paint, sandpaper, tools and fasteners for this project

FrozenQ, for sending two of their liquid fusion V series reservoirs (dont have a logo sorry guys, will post one when i can get one)

So, all this MDF was carted home, and arranged in a pile on the floor of my garage, awaiting initial construction tomorrow

So heres a few pics to capture your interest

P1140297.jpg

P1140296.jpg

P1140295.jpg

Cya all tomorrow

Muchoman1

Edited by Muchoman1

Not a huge update today, and only 1 more pic.

I assembled the legs of the desk (yes they will be that way up when the desks done) and sanded them ready for painting tomorrow/tuesday.

P1140298.jpg

More pics to follow with the painting of various parts.

It's gonna be a sick desk, but are you going to have the computer hardware to fill it up to its max potential? ;)

well i just arranged to sell all my old hardware, so im hoping to fill it will all sorts of sandy bridge e goodness and 7970s :lol:

How tall are the legs?

0.55 meters and they are 1m long

It has the space inside it to hold 4 seperate watercooling loops, 4 quad radiators, 2 entire computer systems, 4 large powersupplies and can even fit triple 30 inch monitors on top.

But will it? :woot: