Got a new Mobo. What to do with BIOS and drivers?

Just swap your hardware and boot it like normal. Don't bother removing drivers - they're so similar you're not likely to need to do anything.

I swapped from an AMD board to a Z68 board without changing drivers. :lol: If i can do that you can go from a chipset to a newer version of the same no problem. :P

I did the same thing but going the other way (p67 to a 990FX didnt go well... blue screen couldnt even get into safe mode lol)

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just swap your hardware and boot it like normal. Don't bother removing drivers - they're so similar you're not likely to need to do anything.

I swapped from an AMD board to a Z68 board without changing drivers. :lol: If i can do that you can go from a chipset to a newer version of the same no problem. :P

That's why all your stuff always blows up :)

I uninstalled the drivers Wev mentioned and installed them from the website. Everything is working just fine at the moment. Only thing that bothers me is that I can't flash to the newest BIOS. AI Suite II says something about it not being correct. But I'll just stick with the BIOS I have for now.

Why waste time downloading the drivers from support.asus.com when a disk that is right in front of you will work. I am not sure. The last time i downloaded from them one of the downloads took half and hour. And i sare as hell am not in the country so that is my justification.

I didn't clear CMOS, no. Didn't have to one my old board so figured I wouldn't on this one. I downloaded the one from Asus's website and then tried to load it with AI Suite II, which was what I used for my old board to flash with. I might give it a try tomorrow, if I get time. Clearing the CMOS and all that.

The last time i downloaded from them one of the downloads took half and hour.

And your connection speed? :P

Actually the drivers are almost same in most of the cases. Only latest chipset driver matters most which rarely changes.

1893403865.png 1893405359.png

1893408278.png 1893409421.png

1893406932.png

Not terrible. Maybe If I upgraded to a better Router or Switch but that ain't worth it. At the time I was having the issue Was almost a year ago. Pissed me off so bad I got the files from a mirror rather then support.asus.com I just got the latest and greatest from asus. Took five minutes this time between finding, and downloading them. But anyhow Enough Topic Derailing. :lol:

Computer never Sweats by any means though.Only about 10% of network potential was used in one of the tests.

1893403865.png 1893405359.png

1893408278.png 1893409421.png

1893406932.png

Not terrible. Maybe If I upgraded to a better Router or Switch but that ain't worth it. At the time I was having the issue Was almost a year ago. Pissed me off so bad I got the files from a mirror rather then support.asus.com I just got the latest and greatest from asus. Took five minutes this time between finding, and downloading them. But anyhow Enough Topic Derailing. :lol:

Computer never Sweats by any means though.Only about 10% of network potential was used in one of the tests.

These tests are worthless. When downloading, your at the mercy of the server and your ISP's routing. Most never get much over 1Mb download anyhow.

These tests are worthless. When downloading, your at the mercy of the server and your ISP's routing. Most never get much over 1Mb download anyhow.

Cheers to that sir. But people like seeing those things. :lol:

hey Ecofriendly, Everything going OK??

Everything running stable and well. Passed intel burn-in test, skyrim, ME 3, browsing etc. Only hiccup is the virtu software. I installed from the disk. It then said that there was a newer version, which I downloaded. But that won't work. It keeps getting windows error message saying that it has stopped working. I then press shut down the program. It restarts itself and the error message comes back. I've tried reinstalling to no avail.

EDIT: How exactly does Virtu work and what benefits will I gain from it?

Edited by Ecofriendly