Is my Memory Controller shot?

Hey OCC, I have a small server machine I run 24/7 for a private minecraft server, map website, and ventrilo for friends, family and such.

Every so often (about once every 7-10 days) it would BSoD with BCCode 109, which is most commonly memory issues according to google.

So I ran Memtest 86+ 4.2

Immediately had many errors. So i tested the sticks individually (just a 2x2GB kingston value ram). Both test fine for 9+ passes. Put them both in again, errors everywhere. Then I put them both in the same channel, ran fine, no errors.

They only error out when in dual channel mode, so is my CPU's IMC shot? Can upping the voltage to the IMC help?

I have a spare CPU I can throw in to test my hypothesis, but I prob wont be able to get to that today.

For your reference, the rig is:

AMD Athlon 7750 BE AM2+

Asus m3a78-em 2x2GB

Kingston value ram

EDIT: post formatting (Posted as Wall of Text?)

Edited by JBags

Try bumping the northbridge/IMC up a notch or two. My old Phenom 2 did the same thing with a bunch of sticks. You could try dropping the RAM speed down a notch too.

Okay, I tried upping the Processor-NB voltage two notches (+50mV each), no luck. and then upped Chipset voltage two notches (also +50mV each) still errored.

0x109 means either there is not enough or there is too much memory voltage.

Go figure.

Hmm.. but if there's too much/not enough voltage to the memory, wouldn't they fail when run individually as well?

Have you tried bumping the DRAM voltage yet?  Sometimes as sticks get older they might need a little more juice to run the same speed and timing.  Otherwise you could try Waco's suggestion and reduce frequency or increase primary timings.

Update: I had a Sempron 140 that I threw in, that errored out as well. could it be an issue with the mobo?

Have you tried bumping the DRAM voltage yet?  Sometimes as sticks get older they might need a little more juice to run the same speed and timing.  Otherwise you could try Waco's suggestion and reduce frequency or increase primary timings.

^^ Try this before you can be sure that its the motherboard which is casing problem.