I have after much research on the web, what i believe is an alienware area-51 alx Case. While I'm pretty sure that this case can hold an atx motherboard I'm not 100% sure. Can anyone confirm this for me? 

post-97850-0-52149200-1362854464_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I understand that if I have this motherboard in it it must be able to hold an atx form factor MB, but I have a person challenging my statement and saying that it's a proprietary micro atx form factor

I understand that if I have this motherboard in it it must be able to hold an atx form factor MB, but I have a person challenging my statement and saying that it's a proprietary micro atx form factor

Also note that it may hold an ATX sized board but it probably has a small amount of room inside of it despite its appearance.

It will most likely be just a normal mid-tower stamped steel case, with Alienwares 'pretty' plastic outer shell.

I would also note that some of the grill appears to be missing on the bottom left corner, and it looks like it's been knocked around a bit.

Agreed...it looks pretty rough.

If your buying this case because you like the looks I would pass on this and buy another Alien case that has all of the pieces. This offering looks like something I would put on the curb on Thursday morning.