MSI Contest

Bosco

Here we go with another contest.

Top prize will be one Big Bang XPower Board. MSI is also giving us 20 game codes for Metro 2033.

In order to enter the contest you must take a pic of your current motherboard and state what model is it. The second thing you have to do is say what you like about the Big Bang Board. Thats all you have to do, you will submit your picture and answers right here in this thread.

You can read about the board at MSI, and you will find OCC's review here.

For more contest and additional information follow MSI and OCC on Both Facebook and Twitter.

MSI -- Twitter and Facebook

OCC -- Twitter and Facebook

Contest ends on Aug 15th in the evening.

Any questions let me know.

Good luck everyone contest is open to everyone. :)

Contest Pic.jpg

Here's my mobo -- also sexy in blue and black. :) MSI 790XT-G45

I love the bigbang because it's also blue and black... but mostly love it for it's capability to house me some video cards and keep down the temps. It's one sexy machine ready for my theme. Give me some cheers! :cheers:

Besides whats better than its name? If it's the big bang -- then it's definitely better than mine. lol. :)

Here's my DFI P35 Infinity Blood-Iron T2RL:

I like the Big Bang because it's the best of the best (well, except for maybe the Fuzion) from MSi and would work *perfectly* to get me off of my aging s775 platform. :) Can't complain about anything on it since it has USB 3.0, 6 Gbps SATA, and more than enough pci-express slots for as many video cards as I could throw at it.

B450-2378-call03-maf.jpg My horrible Biostar TA790GX 128M (AM2+ board).

I like the Big Bang Board because its MSI (high-quality components are standard), it has plenty of features that are above-and-beyond what is normally put on a motherboard (the OC Genie, the better audio system), the sheer size of the board (seriously, not many overheating issues with that much space), and the fact that it can do upto four graphic cards in either SLI or CrossFireX (this means alot to me thanks to my two x8 slots). Simply put, this board is awesome no matter how you look at it and there really isn't any reason to not get this one if you build a x58 machine!

This is my motherboard: the ASUS P45 P5Q Pro.

asus_p5q%20pro.jpg

And here it is in my case:

DSCN3981-1.jpg

One of the reasons I really like the MSI Big Bang XPower Motherboard is because of the insane amount of PCI-E slots.

I also really like the huge amount of heatsinks all over the motherboard, which will greatly increase overclocking potential and life of the motherboard.

p55-cd53.jpg

My mobo: MSI (hell yeah) P55-CD53, LGA 1156 socket

and a pic of it in my case:

0808101321-00.jpg

What I like about the Xpower is the insane amount of connection slots (11 total USB, and 8 SATA? Hells yeah!) and the sick audio card it has.

Here's my board, an MSI 785GM-E65 .

2dtzkli.jpg

I like the Big Bang because I've seen some impressive numbers from it on the overclocking front! The layout is pretty sick too, just an overall great high end board.

Edited by damian

Here is a pic of my current board it's a MSi 890FXA-GD70

msi_890fx.jpg

What's not to like about the Big Bang it has stellar ad-ons like the control center it's built with military class components and is aesthetically pleasing to look at, it's a winner anyway you look at it.

Thanks to MSi and OCC for this great contest.

Edited by smduff

Here's my Asus M4A785TD-V EVO (okay, not exactly "mine," but it's what I've got)

P_500.jpg

Now, what do I like about the MSI board. Let me see:

• the included audio card for better audio is definitely a plus for me
  • SATA III and USB 3, for future proofing
  • 8 total SATA ports (I've got five, not counting eSATA, and they're all used)
  • SLI or Crossfire support (I've only got Hybrid Crossfire, so this is an improvement)
  • Both SLI and Crossfire support (not something AMD chipsets allow)
  • Tri SLI or Quad Crossfire
  • high quality components
  • NO IDE port, so that frees up some room
  • such a plethora of BIOS options I'd probably need the manual with me whenever I look at it
  • an Intel motherboard, because Intel CPUs supposedly fold better (that's what it would be doing most of the time, if I got it)
  • the OC Genie, which as I'm still a little new/cautious with overclocking would probably be useful
  • built with overclocking in mind, so I probably wouldn't have to worry about it failing on me
  • the external box for monitoring the motherboard would be great, so I can ease myself when trying to overclock and worrying if it's going to melt

Well, that's all I could think of. Good luck to everyone!

post-66648-12813024247705_thumb.jpg

In case you couldn't recognize (eh, my cable management isn't quite top notch), it's an Asus P5Q-PRO. Great mobo.

A motherboard is something I never look for the cheapest option because it's one of the main components in overclocking and plays a big part in my overclocking experiences. The MSI Big Bang seems like a very good card. There's absolutely nothing I would like to add to it. I certainly do not need everything it offers, but if I ever want to add more stuff, it'll be the perfect mobo for me. Metro 2033 can't be too bad either!