Evga GTX 670 FTW Signature 2 or Asus GTX 670 DC2(non-top)?

Justhavocman

Hey there me again with a whole new kind of question ! I know these 2 cards excell both in cooling and noise levels , powerwise they are beasts! This is not another " help me decide based on reviews and personal experiences " thread , i've created dozes of them and i've set my mind to these two ! My humble question is : The Signature 2 comes at a processor clock speed of 1006 and boosts up another 50-70 , 90 if i get a good piece ! The DC2 ( non-top) comes at a processor clock speed of 915 and boosts slightly past 980 ( both cards with factory overclocked settings)! So , can i boost the DC2 to match the performance and clocks of the Signature 2? The answer to that would be yes i assume but i really don't have a clue regarding OC'ing GPUs and im afraid i may just fry the card ! So what's your opinions? Would it be easy for a total noob like me to pull such an OC?Thank you all in advance for your answers !

Every card will vary in overclocking ability. However, in my personal experience, my ASUS cards have always overclocked better than my EVGA cards of the same type (which so far has only been GTX 580's and GTX 680's). The DCII is better if your prefer lower noise, the FTW Signature cools just as well, and is just as silent though only up to 40% fan speed whereas the DCII is about as quiet at 55% fan speed. Both are very good cards and you won't be disappointed in either of them.

Every card will vary in overclocking ability. However, in my personal experience, my ASUS cards have always overclocked better than my EVGA cards of the same type (which so far has only been GTX 580's and GTX 680's). The DCII is better if your prefer lower noise, the FTW Signature cools just as well, and is just as silent though only up to 40% fan speed whereas the DCII is about as quiet at 55% fan speed. Both are very good cards and you won't be disappointed in either of them.

Well thank you for answering to my thread but it seems you haven't got the essence of my question : Would it be difficult for a noob like me ( never overclocked before) to overclock an asus dc2?  :teehee:  :teehee:

Well thank you for answering to my thread but it seems you haven't got the essence of my question : Would it be difficult for a noob like me ( never overclocked before) to overclock an asus dc2?  :teehee:  :teehee:

No. Just pick a benchmark to stress test against, and an overclocking tool to overclock with. I use Unigine Heaven, 3DMark11, and MSI Afterburner.

No. Just pick a benchmark to stress test against, and an overclocking tool to overclock with. I use Unigine Heaven, 3DMark11, and MSI Afterburner.

Simple as that? I've seen a few OC guides here and there guess i'll consult them too regarding using the OC tool and i should be ok ?^^

Edit: Quoteception o.O

Edited by Justhavocman

Well then , thank you very much for your contribution :D it was really helpfull :D