Thor: The Dark World

bp9801

Glad to see Natalie's back!

I mean, yay, another Thor movie! :cool2:

:lol: I knew that'd be your initial reaction.

@bowtie, Captain America was set during WWII because that's a key part of his origin. The whole freezing and revival at the end is also part of his story.

I enjoy the IronMan movies, and despite really liking fantasy usually normal superhero swill just doesn't do it for me.

IronMan and Batman are okay because they're normal dudes doing things based on (admittedly stretched) physics and not magical mysticism.

Same reason why TheWatchmen is so awesome, its all regular people under the suit/mask.

I still havent seen the Avengers, but this looks good.

Join the club....

All i have seen so far is Iron man I & II and Captain America. Gotta lot of catch up to do.

:slap:

:smack:  Give me a chance, i was only introduced to them last summer. About the only time i watch movies is with my gf... and there have been too many other movies on her must see list.

Even my old co-workers who do not like ANY super hero movie saw and liked Avengers.   It's time to take a stand on the GF. 

I'm not too crazy on the first Thor.   Majority of the people love the Ironman movies and hate Captain America.   The first Ironman I liked, second was kinda meh ...but I actually like Captain America more than both of them.  Guess I liked the small kid everyone overlooks getting his chance and rising above people's expectations of him.  I can also appreciate his outlook on many of the scenarios he is put in.  In many movies when the small kid grows he gets the stereotypical ego (Spiderman for example).   Rogers/Cap is simply business as usual in the battlefield and humble outside of it.  I thought I would like him the least because I always thought the whole shield and dorky outfit didn't fit.  I also have to admit that I liked Hayley Atwell's role in the movie.   I thought she stood out more than Natalie did in Thor.   Though I wouldn't recommend Captain America to anyone because I think that it fits my personality more than it being a good movie.  All in all its probably just mediocre.

Join the club....

All i have seen so far is Iron man I & II and Captain America. Gotta lot of catch up to do.

:slap:

:smack:  Give me a chance, i was only introduced to them last summer. About the only time i watch movies is with my gf... and there have been too many other movies on her must see list.

Even my old co-workers who do not like ANY super hero movie saw and liked Avengers.   It's time to take a stand on the GF. 

I'm not too crazy on the first Thor.   Majority of the people love the Ironman movies and hate Captain America.   The first Ironman I liked, second was kinda meh ...but I actually like Captain America more than both of them.  Guess I liked the small kid everyone overlooks getting his chance and rising above people's expectations of him.  I can also appreciate his outlook on many of the scenarios he is put in.  In many movies when the small kid grows he gets the stereotypical ego (Spiderman for example).   Rogers/Cap is simply business as usual in the battlefield and humble outside of it.  I thought I would like him the least because I always thought the whole shield and dorky outfit didn't fit.  I also have to admit that I liked Hayley Atwell's role in the movie.   I thought she stood out more than Natalie did in Thor.   Though I wouldn't recommend Captain America to anyone because I think that it fits my personality more than it being a good movie.  All in all its probably just mediocre.

It's not she doesn't like them, she loves them, its just she has already seen them :P

I would agree, Iron man 1 was good, 2 was meh. I loved Captain America, and for some of the same reasons, have a humble superhero as you say is a nice change.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'll probably get bashed, but I honestly thought there was no point to that movie other than special effects. Seemed like a random collection of heroes plus effects.

I'll probably get bashed, but I honestly thought there was no point to that movie other than special effects. Seemed like a random collection of heroes plus effects.

Avengers was the best Super Hero movie of all time. The actors all "clicked" spectacularly well.

Random collection of heroes?!?!?! o.O

You do realize Avengers was a true Marvel team and not made up just for the movie, right?

Avengers was the best Super Hero movie of all time. The actors all "clicked" spectacularly well.

Batman (1966) is the best superhero movie of all time! Avengers was still good though, but definitely a popcorn-action movie. Just sit back and enjoy. (Of course its legacy will likely be how it fits in with the upcoming Marvel movies, and not the movie itself.)