Windows 7 and my games.

Cespenar

Thanks for all your input people.

What I am going to do is buy another WD HDD black (5 yr warranty) and have the same three partitions. Windows7 on C. Games on D. Downloads and other stuff on E.

That is the same as I have now, except it's XP.

Then, if a game or three wont work with 7, I can switch out the HDD for a difference. But from what you have all said, it would be cheaper to do it Waco's way and re-do the current HDD. (I ain't rich)

Regards, C

To get past the "upgrade" restrictions all you have to do is install Windows once without a key - let it finish the whole process - then start a new install over the top of it with your valid key. This will bypass the stupid "you must have Windows on your HDD" restriction.

I wa sjust trying to give the option of not setting thru 2 installs or windows. Most people think becaus eit says upgrade they will be restricted in what it does.

My method of install will allow a semi upgrade of XP to windows 7, by not killing your files on the windows XP disk and allowing you to transfer them to windows 7. But Kam is correct you can not do an "upgrade from windows XP" and have everything transfered automatically for you

I was just tryign to help the guy save $100 or so bucks that could be put towards something useful in the computer.

• 4 months later...

After installing windows 7, sometimes you can play those games because every game does not require another fresh installation of the game. Those games which you can play without installing again on windows 7( fresh installation ) -- You will have to start game from beginning because all progress in game is lost.

I bought a Seagate 500gb HDD. $85 with freight. 2 year warranty.

I will get windows 7 64bit and re-install everything. Windows 7 is the expensive bit ($400). But I'll keep nagging my better half.

I'll get there eventually.

• 2 weeks later...

For cleaning installing i would recommend to copy the saved games files and folders and after installation of windows copy the saved game files and folders in specif place as they before installation. Hope your saved games work after new installation.