AMD A10-6800K & A10-6700 Richland APU Reviewed

Bosco

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well shoot, they're not available at my microcenter yet...

My MC said they were sitting in the back last week....push'em a little LOL

i just got off their chatline with a dork who does't have a clue...that damn dweeb :wallbash:

i'll call em when they open at 10...

ok i'm trippin Greg because the Processor: AMD A10 6800K: 4600MHz 100 x 46, GPU 1016MHz/1100MHz , is clocking lower than the Processor: AMD A10 6700: 4695MHz 127 x 37, GPU 1072MHz/1016MHz

is the 6700 really the better performer ??

Transcript of your chat with NathanM from www.microcenter.com (on the Customer Service queue)
Inbox
x
profile_mask2.png
[email protected] via microcenter.com 
7:53 AM (55 minutes ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif
Wednesday, June 05, 2013 10:36:35 AM (6/5/2013 2:36:35 PM - GMT)

Welcome to www.microcenter.com, NathanM will be right with you.

NathanM:

Hello, this is Nathan. I will be with you in a few minutes. Please type your question now. Chats are answered in the order they are received. I will get back to you as soon as I can. Thank you for your patience.

cj:

hiya nathan,...i want the new amd cpu a-10 6800k richland but they aren't available from my local mc,...when will they be available for in store pick-up and how much ?

cj:

and you picture looks like a girl

NathanM:

Do you have the sku number for that processor?

NathanM:

And yes, it's a stock photo. I'm not that pretty.

cj:

i'm a computer builder not a store,...i dont keep sku's but maybe i could get an sku from newegg since they already have the cpu in stock...

cj:

amd A10 6800k richland

NathanM:

Our sku. It's a 6 digit number on the product overview.

NathanM:

Or can you give me a link to it?

cj:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113331

cj:

ok so when and how much ?

cj:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CPLGGXM/?tag=extension-kb-20

cj:

even amazon has it,....cmon now microcenter....what's the deal...

NathanM:

Oh this is an item we don't carry? I thought you were asking when we would restock one of our items.

NathanM:

Sorry, I misunderstood. The employees here don't have information about future product releases. We find out about the same time the public does.

cj:

it's brand new today,....when will mc start carying it ?

NathanM:

I'm sorry, we don't have information about future product releases. We find out about it the same day the public does.

cj:

it's always cheaper to buy my processors at mc so that's what i do, but if you're not going to carry it then never mind

cj:

ok well this is no help...later

cj has ended the chat.

another excellent review btw greg !,...i just went thru the whole thing and saw repeated instances where the 6700 out performed the 6800 in testing and even the 5800 was still close a couple of times, which causes my mind to balk a little bit at the thot of upgrading from pretty good to pretty good-er...

another excellent review btw greg !,...i just went thru the whole thing and saw repeated instances where the 6700 out performed the 6800 in testing and even the 5800 was still close a couple of times, which causes my mind to balk a little bit at the thot of upgrading from pretty good to pretty good-er...

Thanks Cj,

You have to remember that these are are just two samples and the 6700 happened to OC a bit better in this case. as i wrote i had limited time with them and I think i may have been able to get a bit more out of them with a bit more tweaking. these things scale so well with memory i also wish i had more time to have with that as well. i am going to see what happens when i give the memory a good OC as well. For me the GPU side is what was really impressive but I see you are using a 7970 card anyway. tell ya what. i liked my 5800K system so much i kept and am currently using it and have the same designs with the 6800k. after i get to spend a bit more time with it i will let you know what i find :)

Thanks Cj,

You have to remember that these are are just two samples and the 6700 happened to OC a bit better in this case. as i wrote i had limited time with them and I think i may have been able to get a bit more out of them with a bit more tweaking. these things scale so well with memory i also wish i had more time to have with that as well. i am going to see what happens when i give the memory a good OC as well. For me the GPU side is what was really impressive but I see you are using a 7970 card anyway. tell ya what. i liked my 5800K system so much i kept and am currently using it and have the same designs with the 6800k. after i get to spend a bit more time with it i will let you know what i find :)

ok kewl sir !,...i'm standing by then, and kinda stuck anyway until the orange county mc pulls something outta someplace and gets it together...

Thanks Cj,

ok kewl sir !,...i'm standing by then, and kinda stuck anyway until the orange county mc pulls something outta someplace and gets it together...

WP_000490.jpg

ok score,....now we see what's what

cool, don't forget to update the latest BIOS :)

is there a newer one than 5206 ?  ...i think i'm up to date but yea when i get it back up...

I did not look up your board but I got a 'Richland' Beta BIOS for the Gigabyte I used. It recognized the A10-6800K before, but there are optimizations with the new BIOS apparently. If 5206 is the latest it's prob good, ASUS is on top of that stuff :)