Intel Core i7 2600K and Core i5 2500K Reviewed

Bosco

IMO, you shouldn't sell anyone an OC'd PC. Let them do that themselves if they want and bear the risk. You have no idea what environment they will be introducing it to. It could be 10 degrees warmer in their house and cause it to overheat whereas you thought it was completely fine. Not worth it.

Good point. You could easily include instructions and a warranty warning and let the end-user learn on their own. I haven't OC'd any computers but my own personal ones before, but I see many companies that do it, but I imagine they are large enough that they have streamlined RMAs. I would probably honor a voided warranty for an AVAdirect or CyberPower sized company. (Though I hate CP with a thug's passion.)

Sooooo sweet!! REALLY looking forward to Socket 2011, I hope Bulldozer mixes things up.

+1 If 1155 can get to 4.6 so easily.......... 5.2 maybe? :evilgrin:

Edited by SpeedCrazy

Intel Core i7-2600K 3.4GHz (34 x 100MHz) 4.8GHz (48 x 100MHz) RAM: 1,600MHz Extreme Load-Line Calibration, CPU: 1.35V, CPU PLL: 1.9V, VCCSA: 1.1V, VCCIO: 1.106V

What you saying cap?

oh man, would this worth looking into more even though I have a i7 920? I was thinking of getting a better MB with my tax return to get a higher/more stable OC. 4.7 on air is crazy talk. :blink:

I love how everyone said Sandy Bridge was a move away from overclocking, yet you can get 4.8ghz on air(was that with the stock cooler? I know on anand they got 4.5ghz with stock). But remember, these are obvious engineering samples, I wanna see reviews of ones that are bought.

I love how everyone said Sandy Bridge was a move away from overclocking, yet you can get 4.8ghz on air(was that with the stock cooler? I know on anand they got 4.5ghz with stock). But remember, these are obvious engineering samples, I wanna see reviews of ones that are bought.

People read too much into things. The previews I had read from a few months ago always said how overclocking wasn't limited, just it was different. Somehow, that turned into a limited OC potential. Yeah..... don't see that with these chips. Maybe on the locked parts it will be a bit limited, but the unlocked ones are just fine and won't cost much more than the locked versions.

Good review Frank, bet the new chips were loads of fun. Sucks that the mATX board can't really OC, but well, most people who would get it probably aren't too intersted in OCing on it. I'm interested to see the potential of the ASUS and other boards we'll be getting.