Razer product quality going down?

Locutus

I recently retired my Razer Reclusa (Microsoft branded) keyboard which is 3 yrs old without any problems whatsoever but I'm thinking of reinstating it because I'm not terribly keen on my Corsair K60 with it's clickety clackety keys. I'm not generally a fan of Razers' products but their Reclusa kbd was a gem in my eyes even though it's a little large.

im still enjoying my Reclusa keyboard today. it is a bit on the big side but has been working flawless for over 3 years now. i am thinking about upgrading to the Razer blackwidow Ultimate Stealth edition.

My Diamondback's still running, I got it early '05. Seven years with no issues. If these problems are all occurring recently, I'd say it's gone down. That and the rare few who blame damage on manufacturers instead of the abuse they put their hardware through.

Edited by Kamikaze_Badger

My razer naga is holding up. It has fallen off my bed a couple of times, and had held its own.

However, my razer Carcharias or however you spell it leaves a lot to be desired. The head band foam comes damaged because of the packaging, the band never really stays in place, and the microphone leaves a lot to be desired. The are comfy, and good for watching all of my anime, and for 60 bucks they are not the worst head sets on the planet, but they could have been a lot better.

I will probably subscribe to the church of stonerboy and get some senheisers pretty soon.

I had a Razer Deathadder for about 2-3 years before it started to double click (partially to abuse).

I then bought a Razer Naga and it started to double click 6 months after (I was very gentle with it and it was used lightly).

I switched to Steel Seeries, and their products feel very good. I bought the Ikari from them, and so far pretty good, just for the exception that it's a little big for me. Had it for about 3-4 months and no problems as of yet.

My razer naga is holding up. It has fallen off my bed a couple of times, and had held its own.

However, my razer Carcharias or however you spell it leaves a lot to be desired. The head band foam comes damaged because of the packaging, the band never really stays in place, and the microphone leaves a lot to be desired. The are comfy, and good for watching all of my anime, and for 60 bucks they are not the worst head sets on the planet, but they could have been a lot better.

I will probably subscribe to the church of stonerboy and get some senheisers pretty soon.

Try some other gear too :P I just like the sound signature of the senns I have had :lol: same reason I choose hertz audio in cars over something like focal not because the other brand is poor quality far from it actually but because the hertz like the senns most of the time speaks to me, emphasis on me :P

Running my lycosa which hasn't glitched in some time and my death adder which has always been perfect. Love the responsiveness , accuracy and overall feel of the death adder makes it hard to use different mice.

Good thing about my lycosa keys is they feel similar to my lappy and the feel of both is nice.

Would be nice if the media keys of the lycosa worked as well as the lappy.

Still have a diamondback mouse from about 6-7 years ago still works haha.. had a deathadder that the left click died after a year and a half.

You are really lucky with your diamondback.

Tarantula, 4 years and going strong. Tanked a drop and 2 pop spills.

Deathadder, 2 years and the rubber coating is starting to peel off a little. If it starts to get really messy like my brother's deathadder, I'll replace it.........with another deathadder lol.

Barracuda, these headphones were freakin awesome but died in 1.5 years....was not too happy.

Goliathus, first soft mousepad Ive gotten, 2 years and rather disappointed because it is now a bit dirty and stripping at the sides. Next time I will def get a hard mousepad, but this one is okay for the price of 9.99

Tarantula, 4 years and going strong. Tanked a drop and 2 pop spills.

Deathadder, 2 years and the rubber coating is starting to peel off a little. If it starts to get really messy like my brother's deathadder, I'll replace it.........with another deathadder lol.

Barracuda, these headphones were freakin awesome but died in 1.5 years....was not too happy.

Goliathus, first soft mousepad Ive gotten, 2 years and rather disappointed because it is now a bit dirty and stripping at the sides. Next time I will def get a hard mousepad, but this one is okay for the price of 9.99

my DeathAdder glides nicely with the Sphex, and it's thinness fits perfect to my liking cause i dont want those thick cloth/silicon mats.

Sphex acts like my desk's skin, and it's not that expensive :thumbsup:

I'm some what partial to banging my fists on the keys when something doesn't work as expected. So it working still...it's pretty good.

This is why I bought the seemingly cheap microsoft intellimouse explorer 3.0. It's a 5 button mouse, and of all the features it has one stood out to me:

Many gamers claim to have had one for years, spilled coffee on it, worn it until the paint was all gone, thrown it at relatives: And it's still kicking without a hitch.

It's like a tank that tracks your DPI. And that's why I bought it, not for looks or anything.. But because I couldn't kill it unless I really really wanted to. I've already worn some paint off mine form using it so much, but the thing works 100% perfectly everyday. regardless how badly I've abused it.

This is why I bought the seemingly cheap microsoft intellimouse explorer 3.0. It's a 5 button mouse, and of all the features it has one stood out to me:

Many gamers claim to have had one for years, spilled coffee on it, worn it until the paint was all gone, thrown it at relatives: And it's still kicking without a hitch.

It's like a tank that tracks your DPI. And that's why I bought it, not for looks or anything.. But because I couldn't kill it unless I really really wanted to. I've already worn some paint off mine form using it so much, but the thing works 100% perfectly everyday. regardless how badly I've abused it.

Yeah microsoft mice are great too, I had the Microsoft/Razer hybrid, the Habu and that was my favorite mouse ever (until I lost it :( ), it was so comfy!.