Gigabyte GTX 670 OC VS Asus DirectCuii VS EVGA FTW!

So im between these three! I know that the FTW has a higher clock speed and is more stable ( and a wee bit faster than the Asus ) and the Asus has the custom cooler making it run a bit cooler and less noisy!!! Same goes for the Gigabyte 670 OC ( but a little slower than the previous trwo by 1-2% ) !!! What do you guys think? I want to make this purchase having in mind that i will be adding another 670 later on for an SLI set-up! Oh my bad , the MSI PE also looks like a good competitor!!!!

Edited by Justhavocman

Really, all three from Gigabyte, ASUS, and MSI are great (from personal experience). You can't go wrong with any of those three.

They all look tempting to me :unsure: !!! I'ts like having to decide between a porche and a corverte , you can't go wrong with either of them :D

They all look tempting to me :unsure: !!! I'ts like having to decide between a porche and a corverte , you can't go wrong with either of them :D

Lol, I know the feeling. I usually go with whichever one has better more phases (for higher overclocking ability with more voltage), but since it's the GTX 600 series, that's a moot point. I'd personally go with the cheaper of the three, or the quietest of the three (which would be the DCII from ASUS). You don't need to worry about the cooling as they're all pretty close to each other.

I would even go a step further and say that you should look at getting a stock speed version or a lighter overclocked one. The overclocking gives a nice boost in benchmarks but nothing to brag about in actual game play experience, plus even the stock ones can overclock to the speed these are doing pretty easily. When it comes to brand for nVidia I am a big fan of EVGA, never had a bad card from them.

I would even go a step further and say that you should look at getting a stock speed version or a lighter overclocked one. The overclocking gives a nice boost in benchmarks but nothing to brag about in actual game play experience, plus even the stock ones can overclock to the speed these are doing pretty easily. When it comes to brand for nVidia I am a big fan of EVGA, never had a bad card from them.

+1 for EVGA, too.

Oh so +2 for the EVGA , guess EVGA is the way to go ? But im still a bit skepticall , the DCII looks really good in terms of temps noise and clock speeds

Edited by Justhavocman

Just there is nothing wrong with the Asus card, the customer cooler is nice. However I sometimes think people get to caught up in noise and cooling. For example I use a stock GTX 670 and it is far from the quietest card option for this type of card. However the only time I ever hear it is if I am gaming. No wait you kmight be saying, OH MY GOD YOU HEAR IT OVER THE GAME? No if I am gaming with headphones and take them off, then I can hear the video card, otherwise not at all. Even when I am gaming with speakers the card kicking up hard does not make enough noise to really make any difference. Now also note that even so called quiet cards can be heard above the rest of the OC when under load and even to a small extent when gaming on speakers.

As for cooling mt stock basic designed 670 never hits above 70C and then only when in stress testing. I have run multi hour gaming sessions and not been about about 65C. Even the 70C is well below anything that the card might have issues with and rmember that is only hitting, in my testing, when under stress loads which do not reflect real gaming usage. Now the EVGA might look like like a stock design but it is not, the fan, cooler and internal construction has been optimized.

Finally clock speeds, while these sound cool, are pretty much meaningless when it comes to the 600 series. The dynamic overclock means the system gets a boost when it needs it and the overclocking that you can achieve is typically not giving all that much boost. Also consider the fact that with a stock design straight from nVidia I was able to overclock to FTW speeds with EASE! The system for overclocking is easy to use and you can always give a push. However when you buy these cards that are pre-overclocked you tend to find you have less headroom for overclocking.

Seriously you will be happy with either card but if I had a choice I would go EVGA. Also take note that you can go to the EVGA website and extend your warranty quite a bit if you like. That tells you the faith they have in the quality of their product.

I too have had nothing but good experiences from EVGA. I would put in a vote for their cards. With that being said, I would also not forget about the ASUS DCII. If I were to upgrade right now, I would get the ASUS purely for its quiet operation. If you don't care so much about quiet, then go for the trusted EVGA brand.

i have loved evga and the asus direct cu 6870's (personal preferences aside, ed's advice for a mild overclocked capable of more :thumbsup: )

Really, all three from Gigabyte, ASUS, and MSI are great (from personal experience). You can't go wrong with any of those three.

:withstupid:

I'd go for the one with the longest warranty.